Taking the Next Step

Lukas Flacke signs to run Track and Field for Columbia College

Senior%2C+Lukas+Flacke+signed+to+run+Track+and+Field+at+Columbia+College.+%E2%80%9CCollege+track+had+always+seemed+like+a+dream+to+me%2C+I%E2%80%99ve+wanted+to+run+since+Sophomore+year.+The+fact+that+it+is+actually+happening+is+mind+blowing%2C%E2%80%9D+Flacke+said.+

Senior, Lukas Flacke signed to run Track and Field at Columbia College. “College track had always seemed like a dream to me, I’ve wanted to run since Sophomore year. The fact that it is actually happening is mind blowing,” Flacke said.

Maddie Baker, Sports Editor

Many students start playing their favorite sport since a young age, but for senior Lukas Flacke his journey started in the 8th grade when he was finally able to start running Track and Field. Lukas has recently signed for NAIA Columbia College in Columbia Missouri and also received the Presidential Scholarship from there as well.

“I’m super excited, I never actually felt like college track would ever actually happen, but then my coach talked me into it and then I looked into it,” Flacke said. “Now I get to run college track and go to college for free. I’m living the dream.”

Flacke has a huge impact on the Liberty Track and Field with his hard work ethic, enthusiasm and leadership.

“Lukas has been a really hard worker, and has always been a great teammate.  He’s always been the one yelling and cheering for all of his teammates,” head Track Coach Glavin said. “I will hate to lose his enthusiasm and leadership, but I am very excited for his opportunities at Columbia College.”

Lukas runs the open 200, 4×100 and the 4×200 for Liberty and has been running for Liberty all four years of his high school career.

“College track had always seemed like a dream to me, I’ve wanted to run since Sophomore year. The fact that it is actually happening is mind blowing,” Flacke said.

Flacke has worked very hard to get where he is today, he’s gone through a lot of slopes to be able to run in college and get a scholarship as well.

“Lukas has worked very hard to get to where he is, both academically and on the track.  He has always been this way.  He’s a great example of what a positive attitude and a strong work ethic can do for you,” Coach Glavin said.

Flacke has been looking at Columbia college for many reasons, but being able to run Track and Field was a big excitement for him.