First in the Auditorium

Dakota Barnett is the first student to see the inside of the new auditorium

First in the Auditorium

Sarah Martin, Reporter

We have all heard about the auditorium that has been in the process of being built at Liberty. However, only a handful of students have been inside.

Senior Dakota Barnett, had the opportunity to be the very first student to step foot in the new auditorium.

“They thought that I had earned the spot of being a senior and doing a lot for the theater production itself,” Barnett said, “The big part of the reason why I would be able to be the first one was that I’m looking to come back next year to build the set. There were a lot of things that had led up to me being the first one.”

The auditorium was open to the public for the first time for Senior Honors Night on April 27.

Barnett believes that this auditorium will be a huge asset to the Liberty theater program.

“It’s hard for people to be engaged with something that doesn’t visually exist. It would be like a football team trying to practice without a football field,” Barnett said.

This theater will allow for more productions in less time and will allow for a larger audience.

“It should allow people  to start coming in and making, not even just more memories, but essentially more money as well, we can fit in more people into the shows,” Barnett said.