Can You See The Point?

BirdBox is a Netflix Original movie.

Freshman Christina OMara watches the new Netflix film Birdbox. In a recent tweet, Netflix said that more than 45 million accounts watched its Sandra Bullock-led thriller in the film’s first week, making it one of the most popular films of 2018.

Freshman Christina O’Mara watches the new Netflix film Birdbox. In a recent tweet, Netflix said that more than 45 million accounts watched its Sandra Bullock-led thriller in the film’s first week, making it one of the most popular films of 2018.

Alysa Hand, Reporter

BirdBox is one of the most popular movies on Netflix, with 23 million views within seven days, but is it really worth all the hype?

The point of the movie is for Malorie Hayes and her children, named Boy and Girl, to get to the sanctuary blindfolded so they will not see the “creatures” and die. But where is the explanation for the “creatures”? What are they? Where did they come from? How did they come here? And why do we die when we see it? The movie never quite answered these questions.

“BirdBox is a really good movie, and the acting is amazing, but there were so many unanswered questions about those things,” freshman Christina O’Mara said.

Freshman Emilee Condry enjoyed the movie but was left with some confusion.

“I really did like the movie, and I know the point of the movie was for them to get to the safe place but they didn’t clarify anything about the creatures except for what happens when you see it,” Cordry said.

And just in case you haven’t seen the movie yet, here is the description from Netflix. “When a mysterious force decimates the population, only one thing is certain — if you see it, you die. The survivors must now avoid coming face to face with an entity that takes the form of their worst fears. Searching for hope and a new beginning, a woman and her children embark on a dangerous journey through the woods and down a river to find the one place that may offer sanctuary. To make it, they’ll have to cover their eyes from the evil that chases them — and complete the trip blindfolded.”