Getting a Fresh Look

Many old TV shows are getting a reboot

Shae Bowsher

Senior Lauren Polydys checks off shows which are expected or have already gotten rebooted.

Shae Bowsher, Reporter

Sitting in front of the TV watching movies and shows was a key part in all our childhoods. From cartoons to action shows, we absorbed everything our growing minds could get a hold of.

Girls wanted to have the best of both worlds with Hannah Montana and boys were obsessed with following the adventures of Ben 10. However, as we grew our favorite shows got canceled or stopped and new shows that were less appealing started to pop up.

“My favorite show growing up was ‘Hannah Montana.’ I feel like it was very empowering and made me believe I could be a superstar,” sophomore Grace Pupillo said.

After years of TV trying to gain back the views they once would had, channels started to bring back old movies and shows in an attempt to salvage some old viewers. As a result, the shows we grew up on were getting a new chance at life, but some aren’t living up to what people have hoped.

Older shows on Disney channel will also be making its appearances such as, “Kim Possible” and “That’s So Raven” which have gotten rebooted. “Kim Possible” is becoming a live action TV show opposed to its old form as a cartoon. “That’s So Raven” will be coming back and following Raven’s life as she’s older and has kids, the show is called “Raven’s Home.”

Although these shows once captured its audiences’ attention, it may not do as good as executives hoped. People have a bad feeling that these shows may be ruined with trying to make it relatable to today’s audience.

“I don’t really like that they are remaking old shows, I’m most upset about ‘Kim Possible’ because I don’t think it will live up to what it once was,” sophomore Eliana Moore said.

Others are excited and can’t wait to see what happens and if it lives up to the first run.

“I think it’s great to see old shows coming back to life like ‘Aladdin,’” sophomore Lola Cadice said.

Other shows like “American Idol,” “Full House,” “Boy Meets World,” “Rugrats” and “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” are expected or have been rebooted.

“I think it’s so cool to have old shows remade, you can even see old cartoons come to life. I would love to see ‘The Little Mermaid’ remake. I think it would be amazing,” sophomore Abby Jordan said.

Although there are a mixed opinions on these retakes, the first runs of these shows will always hold a spot close to all our hearts.