Three Acts To Remember

Liberty’s senior thespians start a new tradition of their own and have the seniors direct the one acts.

Three Acts To Remember

Junior Dylan Lindke as Jimmy from

Junior Dylan Lindke as Jimmy from "Jimmy the Antichrist" laughs like a maniac with his family.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs, Reporter

For the first time in school history, the thespians held their senior directed one acts on May 10-11 in the auditorium.

Marissa Pukala and Devin Eckardt directed the “10 best/worst things about high school.” In their play, they talked about iconic high school moments such as prom, graduation and the school’s play.

“The hardest part was getting all the transitions on time because we had to get all the actors run backstage for their quick change then be back on stage on time,” Pukala said.

All the actors in the “10 best/worst things about high school” made the directors proud and made the audience laugh, and relate to everything on stage.

After Eckardt and Pukala’s play, the play Emily Stabile directed was “9 worst breakups of all time.” In this play, you see a girl getting broken up with just before prom and she is greeted by a woman, played by freshman Amanda Yoder, that proves with her magic, that they did not just go through the worst breakup ever.

“Being a drama queen and controlling the stage was my favorite part of acting in this play,” Yoder said.

Everyone has thought at one point in their life that they just had the worst breakup ever and it ends up not being a big deal at all. “9 worst breakups of all time” had many people laughing and creating empathy for Yoder’s character who truly did have the worst break up of all time.

The last show of the night, “Jimmy the Antichrist” was directed by Paxton Linnemeyer, and he got a very positive response to his show with even having some of the other actors enjoy it the most. The audience laughed throughout all three shows.

“I think ‘Jimmy the Antichrist’ should be everyone’s favorite. That’s definitely the one everyone laughed at the most,” junior Lindsey Grant said.

While Jimmy left a big impact on the crowd, every show that was played made the directors proud of themselves and proud of the upcoming thespians of Liberty.

• The students in "10 best/worst things about high school" throw their caps in the air to resemble their graduation.

• Amanda Yoder (9) snaps her fingers to the next worst break up of all time.

• Jimmy, played by Dylan Lidke (11), reveals his birthmark to prove he is the antichrist.

• These two love birds, played by Julia Deters (11) and Ben Gagliano (11), shudder in disgust when they don't agree on something for the first time.

• Annette Oliphant (11) falls to the ground as she realizes her "perfect" graduation certificate doesn't have a dot over the "i".

• Dylan Lindke's (11) character leading his soon to be ex to her surprise breakup party.

• Jimmy, played by Dylan Lindke (11), arriving home with an earring and his father pulling on it to inspect it and to see if its real.

• Ben Gagliano's (11) character explodes with excitement after he gets down on one knee and breaks up with his now ex.

• Brooke Huffman (10) and Cat Frank (12) playing as an aunt and niece who do not get along with each other in "Jimmy the Antichrist".