5 Movies To Watch During Break

Enjoy yourselves with these personal favorite movies

Eijalanrain Jeffs, Reporter

While we are all stuck at home in quarantine during these times, why not sit down for a movie, but you should probably finish your homework first. Now, these movies are just some personal favorites but can be enjoyable for everyone. In this, there will be five movies with a description and where you can possibly watch it at.  

Moonrise Kingdom-Release date – 2012

A fun film directed by Wes Anderson. This film takes place in the year 1965, where two 12-year-olds Sam and Suzy fall in love and decide to run away with each other.  But a storm is heading their way so a group of adults make a search party to find the in love youth and bring them to safety before the storm hits the island New Penzance. You can find this movie on Youtube, iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and Amazon Prime all starting from $3.99. 

Clueless- Release date – 1995 

Directed by Amy Heckerling. This coming of age comedy is a cult classic. Cher Horowitz a rich and posh Beverly hill girl, who just turned 16 believes she is a matchmaker, after getting two teachers to fall in love. Cher also helps the new girl Tai by giving her a makeover, but things happen and Cher starts to realize things about herself. This movie is one of my favorites and the fashion is iconic. You can find this movie on iTunes for $3.99 and then Youtube, Google Play, Vudu, and Amazon Prime from $2.99. 

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World- Release date – 2010 

Directed by Edgar Wright, and based off the graphic novel series Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O’Malley.  Scott Pilgrim, a bass guitarist for a garage band, falls for Ramona Flowers. But little does he know she has a troubled past with ex-boyfriends. Scott will have to eliminate each of the ex’s in order to be with Ramona. This movie gives off a quirky video game vibe and is very fun to watch with all the action. You can find this movie on Netflix, but if you don’t have Netflix, you can find it on Youtube, Google Play, Vudu, Amazon Prime, and iTunes for $3.99. 

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Release date – 2012

Directed by Stephen Chbosky, and based off the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. This is such an amazing book/film about freshman Charlie who is a socially awkward teen. He starts off high school alone, until two upperclassmen Sam and Patrick become his mentors and best friends. They show Charlie so much to enjoy about life and friendship and teach him so many things. But when Sam and Patrick have to leave for college, Charlie’s past sadness threatens to break through his new joy and confidence. You can find this movie newly added onto Netflix, or on iTunes for $5.99 or on Youtube, Vudu, Google Play, and Amazon Prime for $3.99. 

The Princess Bride- Release date – 1987

Directed by Rob Reiner, and based off the book The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Even though this movie can be cheesy sometimes, it’s always fun to watch. A story about a young woman Buttercup and her true love Westley are separated. After being so long without seeing each other, Westley searches to find and save her. They both have to battle their way through the Kingdom of Florin and all its evils, to reunite. This movie always gives off a good laugh if your sense of humor enjoys corny jokes. You can find this movie on Amazon Prime for $3.99 or on Youtube, Google Play, iTunes, and Vudu for $14.99.