Alyssa Fay

Seniors Brandon Wortman and Justin Holmes carry KSDK reporter Ryan Dean during the prep assembly.

Preppin’ with Pep

Students come to school early to build spirit for tonight’s game

September 8, 2017

Students set their alarm clocks a little earlier than usual to show their school spirit this morning.

At 5:30 a.m., students began showing up to school for the KSDK Prep Assembly decked out in their white spirit wear for tonight’s game against Fort Zumwalt South.

KSDK reporter Ryan Dean led the pep assembly that aired live on Channel 5. Dean also ran the prep assembly held at the school in 2015.

“I reached out to the public relations person two years ago and said ‘Hey, I’d love to come out in the Wentzville District, can you give me a school?’ and she chose Liberty. It was the newest school and I was actually a little bit hesitant at first because I thought maybe it wasn’t going to be large enough. I knew you didn’t have a senior class then, so I was a little bit concerned and also there wasn’t that tradition yet and so I was like ‘Oh man, I wonder if they’re going to show up’ and it completely floored me with how loud and energetic the crowd was in 2015. So when I was getting the prep rally together this year I said ‘Ah, I gotta go back to Liberty, they were great.’ I emailed the athletic director and said, ‘Hey are you guys game again?’ and he said ‘Absolutely.’ And again you guys rocked it,” Dean said.

The fatheads of the KSDK staff at the assembly were Mr. Kiesel’s idea. After watching other prep rallies that had fatheads, he wanted to have them at ours as well. He had publications designer Jessica Gibson make the cutouts and then had them printed. Ms. Holmes and Student Council put them together and handed them out at the assembly. Other students also made their own fatheads.

The shirts that many of the students were wearing were sold by Student Council to raise money for hurricane relief for those that were affected by Hurricane Harvey.

StuCo member senior Patrick Stege led many of the chants at the assembly. His favorite was “I believe that we will win,” because it is fast and everyone jumps together and gets pumped. He enjoyed seeing such a big turnout at the assembly.

The school spirit was overflowing at the assembly and Dean was impressed with the pride that our student body has.

“There’s a natural energy to this student body, so that’s what’s great. I love to go to schools that make my job easier,” Dean said.

Friday’s game will have an excited and spirited student section to cheer on the team. The school has definitely been prepped for the rest of football season.

LHStoday • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• C

Caleb Woods | Sep 8, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Great story!

Reply
1