Fashion Trends 2017: What Can Stay and What Can Go

Highlights of the good and bad fashion trends of 2017

Julia Fallert

This Kendra Scott is a very popular necklace for the students at Liberty High School.

Julia Fallert, Reporter

The year 2017 was known for being a year of really interesting fashion trends and it’s not possible to note all of them in one article, so I have chosen three good and three bad. These are in my opinion the best and worst trends of 2017.

Good Trends

Julia Fallert
This is one of the many different variations of Kendra Scott necklaces available.

Kendra Scott

I can’t write an article about trends and not point out the booming popularity in Kendra Scott in this past year. If you haven’t seen one of these necklaces, you have been living under a rock. I can assure you at the very least one person in your class is wearing a necklace right now. The necklace is very versatile having many different colors and variations. It fits almost every outfit you can think of – from a t-shirt and leggings, to a dress.

Athletic Leggings with mesh or lace cutouts 

Another very big trend is athletic leggings with mesh or lace cutouts. I have seen many different styles of these from different colors, sizes, brands, etc.  Lululemon too Victoria Secret Sport and many other athletic brands have these types of leggings and I have seen them very frequently around school.

Roses or Floral Patterns

Julia Fallert
Rose embroidered boots is one of the many articles of clothing that utilized rose or floral patterns.

The last trend of 2017 is roses or floral patterns in literally every type of clothing. Rose embroidery in hats, shirts, pants, shoes, and in any other article of clothing. Roses are a distinct type of street art and blow up in street fashion and runway in 2017. It isn’t one of the most notable of trends but it was pretty prevalent last year. I dont think its all just do too the popularity of Beauty and the Beast.

Bad Trends

Crazy Eyebrows

From wavy, feathered, braided, lightning, and even Christmas tree eyebrows, this got way out of hand. When would this ever be practical in everyday life and would only be acceptable on the runway? This “bad” trend got out of hand really quickly with all the different types that popped up out of nowhere.

Clear Plastic Clothing

Clear pants, dresses, coats, shoes. In almost every article of clothing, there is a clear plastic alternative too that. This should of stayed on the catwalk. It isn’t worn in a real setting, but many celebrities and models where this trend. It has this weird sci-fi esque feel too it so it would work in a movie but now it isn’t practical. You would sweat, see fog on the plastic, let alone it’s see through so you would see anything you are wearing underneath. Unless it’s raining, I don’t see any reason why this would be practical, or fashionable.

Romphim

The Romphim has come back many times and I honestly just don’t like it. It worked in high fashion for high fashion and runway but everyday life it just doesn’t make sense. If you like anyone of these “bad” trends I am not asking you to change what you like. This is my personal opinion about these trends.

Well, that’s it. The three good and bad trends of 2017 in my personal opinion. If you disagree, well you do you.
Do whatever you want to do or wear I can’t stop you. If you think something should have made the list, leave a comment and make your opinion heard. Here’s to 2018 and the new interesting trends it will bring.