Top Dog

Liberty staff and students share stories about their furry friends

Gracie+Pupillo+and+her+dog+Harley+together+before+Christmas.+

photo submitted by Gracie Pupillo

Gracie Pupillo and her dog Harley together before Christmas.

Shae Bowsher, Reporter

We all enjoy our furry friends. Here are some stories from our Liberty staff and students.

Freshman Gracie Pupillo’s dog named Harley is a Labrador Retriever and a Charles Spaniel mix. Her family got him from the Humane Society in the year 2011, which was about seven years ago.

“My favorite memory with my dog is when we picked him up for the first time and the joy of bringing him home, made me so happy,” Pupillo said.

From walking to playing fetch, Gracie and her dog are inseparable.

Sophomore Kate Waltman’s dog, Browndog, was rescued by the family 12 years ago and has given them love and joy for all the years.

submitted by Kate Waltman
Kate Waltman and her dog, Browndog, sitting on the floor at their house after a long day.

“I love teaching him tricks, and waking up to go on walks with him at 5 in the morning before school started. I also love when he just follows me around because he’s bored,” Waltman said.

Two weeks ago Mrs. Biere, one of Liberty’s art teachers, got a Golden Retriever named Frankie from a breeder down in Springfield, MO.

“I love her soft fur, her sweet face and when we introduced her to my daughter Penny,” Mrs. Biere said.

Our four legged friends, help us get though every day, good or bad. Whether it is walking before school or running around outside, dogs are truly man’s best friend.

Survey

One hundred people participated in this survey to find out some of the the most popular breeds of dogs here at Liberty High School. People were asked what their favorite dog breed out of these six. Here are the results.

Labrador Retriever –21% of Liberty’s staff and students chooses this loving breed.

German Shepherd– 34% of Liberty’s staff and students chose this amazing dog breed.

Beagle– 9% of  Liberty’s staff and students chose this breed.

Pit bull – 10% of Liberty’s staff and students votes.

Poodle– 11% of Liberty’s staff and students gave their votes to this breed.

Corgi– 15% of Liberty’s staff and students gave their votes to this breed.