The Synquel

An entertaining night was held on Oct. 8 as it was the annual lip sync battle at Liberty. The lip sync battle is a battle between a teacher and a student. This year’s student winner was Zachary Kerns, a senior, who lip-synced to “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj and “Lip Gloss” by Lil Mama.

When asked what Kerns’ initial feeling of winning was he responded by saying he was proud, and that making people smile is something he likes to do. 

Senior Aminhan Lobster and Mr. Barker won the best battle pair, with the former winning their battle respectively. Making her way on stage in fabulous sparkly heel boots and fur coat, she was lip-syncing Ariana Grande’s song “7 rings”. 

The winning teacher was Mr. Kling who was riding a bicycle like seen in Ariana Grande’s music video to “Side to Side”.

“You’re up on the stage and the lights are in your face and to be honest I couldn’t even see past the first row,” Kling said. When asked if he thought he was going to win, he said that he really didn’t know because he hadn’t seen the other acts.

“If you want to be good, you know, cross-dressing is always a good go-to,” he said. 

About the Writers
Photo of Elaine Thimyan
Elaine Thimyan, Reporter

Elaine Thimyan is a freshmen who enjoys theater. She loves to write and watches YouTube videos about the film industry and how it works. When she’s not...

Photo of Haleigh McCune
Haleigh McCune, Reporter

Haleigh McCune is a senior and reporter for the yearbook. She also loves taking pictures for publications. (If you ever have story/picture ideas, let us...