Annalisa Kercher

• This year doesn’t even feel like it’s truly over yet. I practically had no work to do while quarantine was going on, so it was me doing classes twice a week for a short amount of time and now it feels like I’ve got another assignment just waiting around the corner. It was nice to be able to drive through for senior sendoff and get to give an extremely quick goodbye to the teachers that showed up. It was nice to see my parents being able to smile and they felt like I had something to celebrate me. The school honestly could’ve done so much more, but I understand how hard these times are. I’ve been working during quarantine, but other than that I’ve been inside without hanging out with any friends or going outside for more than walks. I’ve been walking to my parking spot and taking a moment to sit or chill out there. It would be really nice if the school did something big for the seniors or even something small like putting a banner out or writing 2020 seniors on the football field fence. It’s so incredibly difficult to be a Senior right now with not being able to “finish” school and now we don’t know if we get to go to college next semester or if it will be online. Most of us had college visits planned and were signing up or orientation and math placement tests and excited to share our college picks, but we don’t get to enjoy that with our fellow school mates or even get to say goodbye. The future is so unknown already due to starting a new chapter of life, but now we don’t even know if that new chapter will be able to start or not. 
  • My favorite memory from my senior year though mentoring freshmen in the link crew program. I had a group of freshmen that I grew close with and I was really lucky to call them my friends. Getting to have all three lunches due to being in Leader Academy and taking the Link Crew class was really great to be able to spend time meeting new people and making connections. In addition, when I had to take care of an egg for AP psychology, it was fun to see my freshman helping me figure out cool and fun ways to stage pictures and create a slideshow for the end project. 

LHStoday • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in