Breanne+Chenault

Kyndall Stubblefied

Breanne Chenault

How many years have you been working in education?: 10 

What subject/area of expertise do you fill at this school?: English

Explain why you became a teacher: I have loved reading and writing from a very young age. I had toyed with the idea of being a teacher most of my life, but when I got to high school (Timberland!), I had several amazing teachers who inspired me to pursue education.  I chose to combine my love of reading and writing with my career. I have loved reading and writing from a very young age. I had toyed with the idea of being a teacher most of my life, but when I got to high school (Timberland!), I had several amazing teachers who inspired me to pursue education. I chose to combine my love of reading and writing with my career.”

Have you ever worked for another school/school district? If yes, how does Liberty compare?: Yes. Liberty is an absolute gem. This place and these people (students and staff across the board) are incredibly welcoming, kind, and helpful. I have never felt so valuable or safe before.”

What was your favorite subject in high school and why?: “English! While I’ve always been good at English, it’s a subject that allows for constant learning and bettering of oneself.”

What’s one way you run your classroom that you consider different from other teachers?: “I am incredibly laid-back from the beginning. There’s an old saying that says you shouldn’t smile at your students until Christmas. I hate that saying. I am excited to be a teacher and get the chance to work with new students every year.  In my classroom, you don’t have to earn my respect; you have it from day one. I believe that high schoolers are adults (or at least closer to adulthood than childhood), and they should be treated like adults.”

LHStoday • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in