Seniors Maddie Ashlock and Anna Weber were showing their school spirit by holding up the Uncommon signal at the Warrenton game. (Sruthi Ramesh)
Seniors Maddie Ashlock and Anna Weber were showing their school spirit by holding up the Uncommon signal at the Warrenton game.

Sruthi Ramesh

The Rivalry Returns

The Eagles will go head to head against the Timberland Wolves on Friday, Sept. 3 to determine which Wentzville school has the better team

September 3, 2021

Since 2013, Liberty, Timberland, and Holt have battled it out to see who deserves the title “Kings of Wentzville.” The Eagles and the Wolves will be competing this Friday, Sept. 3, to see which of the two teams will be one step closer to earning the title. 

Pullquote Photo

Win or lose, I feel tonight will go great. We have the most spirited student section that will always support our team no matter what.”

— Carson Clay, StuCo president

Last season, Timberland defeated the Eagles in the final seconds of a nail-biting game 17-14. The Wolves took the lead with a last-second field goal the Eagles couldn’t recover from. Two years ago, the pre-COVID-19 season, Liberty proved they were the best team in the Wentzville School District by conquering Timberland and Holt for the first time in school history. 

“It was super exciting because they’re our rival school, so it was exciting to beat them for the first time,” Coach Kling said of the victory over Timberland a couple years ago.

This season, the two teams will face off in front of a packed stadium again for the first time in two years. The rivalry between the Eagles and the Wolves will be sure to stir up both student sections with the intensity of the game. 

Junior Ethan Weiler carried the ball as the Warrenton defense attempted to stop him. (Sruthi Ramesh)

Both the Eagles and the Wolves won their first game. Liberty beat Warrenton 28-14 in an intense, physical, game. Timberland won against Lafayette 24-13, defeating them in their home stadium. 

This Friday, the Liberty student section will be repping neon clothing for the team while the Timberland students will be showing support in beach gear. 

Students couldn’t attend away games last season, regardless of if they were in district, so the rivalry will be back between both the teams and the students on Friday. 

“Win or lose, I feel tonight will go great,” StuCo president Carson Clay said. “We have the most spirited student section that will always support our team no matter what.”

The rivalry game will commence tonight, and both teams will be sure to give their all to win.

Photo of Ally Schniepp
Ally Schniepp, Sports Editor of The Ledger

Ally Schniepp has been in publications her whole high school career and has been the Sports Editor of The Ledger for three years. She also broadcasts Liberty...

Photo of Sruthi Ramesh
Sruthi Ramesh, Editor-In-Chief of LHStoday, Photo Editor of The Ledger, & Producer of the Live Stream Team

Sruthi Ramesh is a senior in high school, and it feels like she’s been here forever and not long enough at the same time. She’s the Editor-In-Chief...