Categories:

German Students Inducted Into Honor Society

Students are inducted into Delta Epsilon Phi on Sept. 26
German teacher Ms. Elder talks to the Delta Epsilon Phi organization during meeting on Sept. 26.
Maryiah Shorter

Dee Elder, the German Honor Society Induction Organization teacher, has brought an organization called Delta Epsilon Phi to Liberty for the first time this year. 

My favorite part of this is having students who desire to know more about the language I love to teach and I learn something new from my students and the German-speaking culture everyday,” Elder said, who is in her first year of teaching at LHS but 17th year in the district. 

“This is not a club induction, but rather a National Honor Society for German Language Students,” Elder said.

Elder explains that this organization is not a club. It is an opportunity to recognize the students desire to learn more about the culture and language. There are 11 students that are in this organization and 45 German students.

Tabitha Musangali (11) explains that this year was everyone’s first year being a part of Delta Epsilon Phi. 

“This is everyone’s first year being a member of the chapter because we’ve never had a teacher that was a member before,” Musangali said. 

Musangali explains that at graduation they will have cords, but not necessarily prizes.

“It was cool and a lot simpler than I thought,” Musangali said.

Lucy Bowen (12) was another student who was recognized.

For the ceremony everyone, had their name called and we were recognized for our excellence in the German classes we have taken,” Bowen said. This organization is for bringing together high school students that have a love for learning the German language and culture, while honoring those who have excelled in their German language classes.”

Inductees to Delta Epsilon Phi
Seniors
Cal (Holly) Altheimer
Tristan Blanton
Chloe Bostic
Lucy Bowen

Juniors
Mark Berry
Adrian Campos
Leah Dudley
Tabby Musangali
Emily Nguyen
Christiana Rasmussen

Sophomore
Aarush Sunil Viswanathan

Emerson Stubblefield
Emerson Stubblefield is a junior, this is her third year in publications. This is her second year in online news; her freshman year she was in journalism. Emerson is really excited to be in online news again. This is Emerson’s third year playing Liberty’s girls golf. In her free time she likes spending time with her horse, her friends and family. She enjoys reading and sleeping. Emerson is really excited to start her tutoring for A+.
Maryiah Shorter
Maryiah Shorter, Reporter
Maryiah Shorter is a senior and this is her first year in publications. During her free time, she enjoys listening to music, singing, dancing, and watching foreign films. Maryiah also enjoys meeting new people and loves everything about fashion. Maryiah loves being in Choir and has been since the 6th grade. After high school, Maryiah plans to attend SLU and major in music.