Lauren Spakowski

Juniors Hannah Redding and Tian Heinle enjoy Liberty’s first ever Winter Formal with an estimated 150 students in attendance.

Students Enjoyed Dancing The Night Away

The first ever winter formal was a success

Liberty High School’s first ever winter formal was a success. Those who attended danced the night away on Saturday, Feb. 16.

“I didn’t expect many people to arrive, seeing that my ticket was number 76,” freshman Chynna Yeh said. “There seemed to be around 150 people there.”

Most students that came enjoyed the experience and spent their time dancing and singing along to the songs, which were recommended by students.

“I danced my heart out,” freshman Paige Jansen said. “It was lots of fun.”

Other students spent their time socializing with friends or taking pictures at the dance.

“Dancing was fun,” freshman Madison Bronikowski said. “But I spent most of my time walking around and talking to my friends. Nevertheless, it was a fun experience, and I would definitely go again.”

The majority of the attendants said winter formal was very similar to homecoming, only having slight differences.

“The formal was similar to homecoming, being in the cafeteria and all,” Yeh said. “There were flashing lights, and nice decorations that went with the theme of the event.”

“It was pretty similar, the music was just different and they had better decorations,” Bronikowski said. “It also had these cool projections that looked really cool.”

Winter formal lived up to most people’s expectations and surpassing some.

“It was the greatest,” Jansen said. “It definitely didn’t have as many people as I thought there was going to be, but I had lots of fun dancing.”

“It was fun, better than homecoming,” Yeh said. “I had a great time dancing and talking to my friends.”

LHStoday • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in