How It Feels To Be a Teacher

Embracing The Chaos: An Inside Look at Educating Minds
Mr. Smith, an English teacher, enjoys interacting and caring for his students.
Adrianna Laurenti

Being a teacher is a unique experience. It’s a blend of chaos and clarity, where every moment is a chance to shape a young mind. It’s not just about imparting knowledge, but also about sparking curiosity and fostering a love for learning. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions, filled with triumphant highs when a student finally grasps a concept, and challenging lows when things don’t go as planned. But through it all, there’s a sense of purpose, a feeling that you’re making a difference, one lesson at a time. 

While being a teacher, there’s a wonderful connection with students. It’s more than just equations and essays – it’s about understanding their perspectives, their struggles, their victories. It’s about hearing the unasked questions, watching a student slowly come out of their comfort zone, and even maybe the teacher. It’s a cycle of learning, adapting, and growing, an ever-evolving journey that shapes not just the students, but the teacher as well. 

Creating a bond with the students is crucial for a healthy and smooth school year. Typically, having a favorable bond with your students will give them a sense of comfortability and it will be easier for them to ask for help if needed. 

Mr. Hall – Student Publications

“I really like it when students are enthusiastic, it makes me work even harder.” 

A teacher can influence enthusiasm by making learning interactive and enjoyable. This encourages the students to share their questions, and celebrate achievements no matter how small. This path can spark interest and inspire a love for learning. 

Ms. Middendorf – Art 

“I love interacting with students, other humans. It’s important for my happiness that I can guide them whether it be academically, or help them feel supported regardless of what situation they might be going through.” 

Interacting with students can be a cheerful experience. It’s appealing to see their perspectives evolve, and their knowledge grow. Their successes feel like your own, making teaching a rewarding experience and journey. 

Mr. Smith – English

“There are parts of my personality that match this profession very well. I like to take care of people, this job gives me a chance to take care of kids.” 

It’s important to set a positive path for the students you are teaching. It, not only, makes the students’ lives a little bit easier, but it also makes the teachers’ lives easier. Every student needs an extra boost of confidence and motivation. Having a teacher that is willing to help them, and make sure that their students are successful, is meaningful for both the students and the teachers. 

Overall, most teachers strive to make sure that their students have a fortunate path in life, no matter what stress the teachers are put through. There will always be joy in seeing students succeed, the satisfaction of watching them grow and become a young adult or teenager. Despite the difficult challenges, the feeling of being a positive influence on the future generation is very enjoyable for a teacher.