Your Guide To Homecoming 2021

Student Council Presents, “Dreaming in Gold”

September 15, 2021

It has been almost two years since the last “normal” homecoming that Liberty students saw. Last year’s homecoming festivities were sure to raise morale amongst the students, but still reminded them of what they were missing out on. But this year, the student council is ready to bring their “A-game.” Presenting, “Dreaming in Gold: Homecoming 2021”.

The entire week of Sept. 27 to Oct. 1 will be filled with Hollywood-inspired activities and spirit, and the homecoming dance will be modeled to look like Liberty’s very own award show. Below is all the information you need about this year’s homecoming week.

Weekly Theme: Hollywood, Dreaming in Gold

Dance Theme: Award Show, Dreaming in Gold

Important Dates:

9/20: Tickets & T-Shirt go on sale at lunch

9/26: Powder Puff Game @Heartland Field, 6 p.m.

9/27-10/1: Homecoming Week

10/1: Homecoming Assembly streamed during AI (Virtual)

10/1: Tailgate @Football Field Parking Lot, 6 p.m.

10/1: Homecoming Home Game vs. Washington, 7 p.m. (Red Out)

10/2: Homecoming Parade @ Holt High School, 9:30 a.m.

10/2: Homecoming Dance @Liberty Football Field, 7-10 p.m.

10/9: Backup Homecoming Dance Date

Pricing:

Homecoming T-shirts are a great way to commemorate homecoming and help support the actual event. T-shirts and tickets to the dance go on sale on Monday, Sept. 20. Guest forms for the dance can be found in the main office and at the ticket sales table.

• T-Shirt Prices: $12
  • Hoco Ticket Price week of 9/20: $15 (Bundle Price for ticket & shirt: $25)
  • Hoco Ticket Price week of 9/27: $18 (Bundle Price for ticket & shirt: $28)

Spirit Week Themes (9/27-10/1): 

Monday- Inside Out (Color Wars)

9th – Yellow

10th – Purple

11th – Green

12th – Blue

Staff – Red

Tuesday- Stunt Double (Twin Day)

Wednesday- Grease (Denim Day)

Thursday- Bedtime Stories (PJ Day)

Friday- Red-y for Red Carpet (Red, Black, & Gold)

Chalk Art Contest (9/27-9/30): 

From 9/27-9/30, clubs and sports will have a chance to decorate their own sidewalk square in front of the school with chalk. Each group will be given a square in front of the school, and the design they come up with must fit within the overall homecoming theme.

To register for the contest, click here.

10/1: Winner of Chalk Art Contest announced at Assembly

Pep Assembly (10/1): 

The homecoming pep assembly will be Live-Streamed to YouTube on 10/1. Students will be able to watch the event from their AI classrooms.

Spirit Court: 

Dress up each spirit day & submit a picture of you at the Spirit Court Table to @wsdstuco on Instagram! Students will vote on who they want for their 2021 Spirit King & Queen!

• 10/1: Spirit Court announced at Assembly

Homecoming Court:

As always, students will have the chance to nominate people from their grade to win homecoming king and queen. There is one couple selected from 9th, 10th, and 11th grade, & three couples chosen from 12th grade.

• 9/20: Nominate people for Homecoming Court for each grade
  • 9/27: Voting for Homecoming Court for each grade
  • 10/1: Homecoming Court announced

Tailgate (10/1 @6 p.m.):

The tailgate is a great way to get hyped for the game and have some fun before all of the festivities happen. Right before the game at 6 p.m., students can come out to the tailgate on the football field parking lot to enjoy games like corn hole and washers, food and drinks, and fun with friends.

Game (10/1 @7 p.m.):

Liberty’s varsity football team will be playing Washington High School. So far this season, Washington has had 1 loss and 2 wins. But it is important to note that both wins have been very close, so the Eagles definitely have a chance to win this game. The stands will be packed with students in the “Red Out” theme, as they cheer on the Eagles to their hopeful victory.

Homecoming Parade (10/2 @9:30 a.m.):

Each year, all Wentzville high schools participate in a district-wide homecoming parade. Though it is always at Holt High School, the school in charge of organizing rotates each year. Timberland is hosting the parade this year, which will also be the first parade with four high schools. North Point’s activities (sports and clubs) hope to join in on the tradition on Saturday, Oct. 2. Come out to Holt at 9:30 a.m. to watch the parade and get in the spirit of homecoming!

Homecoming Dance (10/2 @7-10 p.m.):

The homecoming dance will take place on the football field, to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 while also continuing the tradition of the dance. There will be concessions available for students to buy, as well as free water. Administration has made the decision to ban high heels and is encouraging students to bring more comfortable shoes to wear on the turf dance floor. To bring non-Liberty students, you must fill out the guest form, which can be found in the main office and at the ticket sales table.

Mr. Wheeler will be the DJ, playing a student-curated playlist. 

You can submit songs for the Homecoming Playlist here: https://tinyurl.com/hocosongrequests2021

In case of inclement weather, the dance will be postponed to 10/9. If that date does not work out, there will not be any refunds issued for ticket prices.