Future For Homecoming Dance Is Uncertain

Annual dance has been rescheduled to Feb. 13 but questions still Remain

While+homecoming+week+still+featured+a+spirit+week+%26+pep+assembly%2C+the+dance+has+been+put+on+hold+for+now.+

Vianca Malave

While homecoming week still featured a spirit week & pep assembly, the dance has been put on hold for now.

Vianca Malave, Reporter

Homecoming is a time for students to just be themselves and hang out with their friends on a fun day. While pushing back the homecoming dance to Feb. 13 was the right thing to do, we are all left asking the same questions. Once we get to February, will it get pushed back more? Or will we even have a homecoming this year? The most terrifying thing about this time is the unknown. 

“I really don’t care as long as we have one,” freshman Ellen Ziegler said.

Of course, safety is the number one priority for all of our students. But reasonably, most of us at least want a homecoming. Even though no one knows what it will look like. 

I’m sad about it because it’s my senior homecoming but if it means that we’ll get to have a normal-looking homecoming, then I am ok with it

— Brianna Mills

“I hope it happens this year because I have a date,” sophomore Cameron Wright said.

Homecoming normally takes place in October like any either year, but obviously COVID had other plans in mind. There was a spirit week this year but the dance has been rescheduled. 

“I’m sad about it because it’s my senior homecoming but if it means that we’ll get to have a normal-looking homecoming, then I am ok with it,” senior Brianna Mills said. 

Under these circumstances, no one really knows what normal looks like. Everyone has different opinions but we all fall under the same page. This year’s school year in general is not normal.

The school is divided into opinions. People are upset, some don’t care, and others think we aren’t having one at all. While COVID-19 has affected what a normal day at school would look like, nobody has really thought of homecoming until we were all told it was changing.

Is homecoming going to require masks? Or are we going to have to split it into two separate days like we do our school days? These questions and more are all left unanswered because under the circumstances of the world right now nobody really knows what the future would look like.