Liberty Legacies: Danielle Corgan

A look into where one of Liberty’s alumni is at today

November 18, 2022

provided By Danielle Corgan

Danielle Corgan working her business by showing her client the recently taken photos.

As we come to Liberty’s 10th year, the past students have gone on all different paths of life.

Liberty can also have a huge impact on the future on some students. Danielle Corgan was a part of the first graduating class. Her life was changed immensely by one of Liberty’s programs. She was part of the very first yearbook staff.

“Little did I know that joining yearbook would change my life and be the route to my career,” Corgan said.

Corgan found her love of photography through yearbook and eventually bought her own camera.

“Getting to hold such nice cameras made me feel like I was in heaven,” Corgan said.

Corgan eventually started her own photography business around sophomore/junior year. She has been running the business ever since and photographing people from all around the St. Charles and St. Louis areas. She has gained tons of popularity with her Instagram gaining more than 1,000 followers and having sessions booked up every season. Even many seniors around Liberty go to her for senior pics every year.

Corgan in high school, doing cheer along with taking photos. (provided by Danielle Corgan)

Aside from her business, her high school days were also spent a lot of time working on the yearbook. 

“I loved everything about it, from interviewing to design,” Corgan remembers.

The local yearbook rep Dan Mueller from Herff Jones visited the staff quite a bit and noticed Corgan’s passion. They eventually asked her to join their team.

“I noticed her passion about yearbook from the first day I met her,” publications adviser Jonathan Hall said. “Danielle was the first student I met at Liberty when I was hired here in 2015. She helped to start to create the great energy and spirit we have in our program that still continues today.”

After high school, she interned with them all throughout college. After getting her degree, she got to work with them full time. 

“I get to go to schools everyday and work with students who are passionate about the same things I am,” Corgan says.

Corgan’s younger sister, Rainie Corgan, is a junior currently at Liberty.

She tells how she has inspired her. “Danielle’s drive and passion for her photography reminds me that I am able to truly do what I want to do if you work hard enough for it just like she did.”

Corgan has certainly found her passion and is on a very exciting path in life.

View Comments(1)

LHStoday • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• D

Danielle Corgan | Nov 18, 2022 at 10:16 am

You did a great job with this story, Lilly! Thanks for reaching out to me. This will always hold a special place in my heart.

Reply
1