Super Bowl Rematch Set For Super Bowl LVIII

Will Taylor Swift and the Chiefs pull out the win over the 49ers in Super Bowl 58?
Super+Bowl+LVIII+is+on+Feb.+11+with+kickoff+scheduled+for+5%3A30+p.m.+on+CBS.+
Lena Blankley
Super Bowl LVIII is on Feb. 11 with kickoff scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on CBS.

Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs face off against Brock Purdy and the San Francisco 49ers in a Super Bowl rematch from several years ago.

In their previous matchup in Super Bowl 54, the Chiefs beat the Niners with a score of 31-20. That was Patrick Mahomes’ first Super Bowl in his career and the media thought San Francisco would pull out on top in that game, however, Kansas City shocked everyone and won that game.

Fast forward to now quarterback Brock Purdy has the entire sports world behind him and the 49ers to beat the Chiefs in this upcoming Super Bowl. The Chiefs are taking a lot of criticism because of Patrick Mahomes and his attitude towards the referees, not to mention the business with Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift.

After last year’s Super Bowl win against the Eagles and a few questionable calls, some fans aren’t in favor of the Chiefs. The Chiefs are on a roll with their postseason victories over the Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills and the Miami Dolphins while the Niners are fresh off a spectacular comeback against the Detroit Lions, and the Green Bay Packers. This year’s Super Bowl will certainly be a good one and hopefully a close one.

Brock Purdy surely has a challenge and a huge test ahead of him in order to prove that he’s an elite quarterback at the NFL level. 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey will play a big roll in pulling the Niners to the win. In his team’s 34-31 comeback win against the Detroit Lions, McCaffery rushed for 90 yards and two touchdowns of 20 carries, McCaffrey added to his spectacular game with four receptions for 42 yards. Adding to the great stats 49er receiver, Deebo Samuel caught eight receptions for 89 yards along with three rushes for seven yards. Defensive End Nick Bosa recorded 3 tackles and 2.o sacks on the defensive side of the ball for the Niners. The Chiefs definitely have a stacked 49er depth chart to go up against.

The Kansas City offense has been struggling a lot all season, the passing game being the main root of the problem. Patrick Mahomes went 30/39 throwing and threw for 241 yards and one touchdown against Baltimore. Tight end Travis Kelce recorded 11 targets and eleven receptions for 116 yards and one touchdown. The Kansas City defense has a reputation for being outstanding in the Super Bowl with defensive lineman Chris Jones and middle linebacker Nick Bolton being the leaders of this Chiefs defense.

The 49ers offensive line will certainly have a hard time holding the pocket for a long time with Chris Jones on the other side trying to get through. Purdy is elusive and very aware in the pocket and should be able to make it out to avoid a sack most of the time. It’s the same problem for the Chiefs with defensive end Nick Bosa. Bosa comes at the offensive line fast and hard and it will be very hard for this Chiefs O-line to hold him back like Purdy. Mahomes is very aware in the pocket and will 60% of the time be able to get a throw off before he takes a sack.

This year’s halftime show will surely be an interesting one. This year Usher has the stage in Vegas. The R&B singer and pop artist best known for his best selling album “Confessions” along with the song “Yeah!”, “Nice & Slow”, and the song “U Remind me”. We don’t really know what to expect from Usher, but it should interesting.

As the defending Super Bowl champions, Mahomes and the Chiefs certainly have the advantage in this one due to the amount of experience this team has as well and Coach Andy Reid. Coach Reid is in his fifth Super Bowl appearance and has the confidence and experience advantage over 49er head coach Kyle Shanahan, who has only had two Super Bowl appearances. The pressure is without a doubt on Brock Purdy and the 49ers, but lately Purdy has been heavily underestimated and he could potentially pull out the win and bring the Lombardi trophy home to San Francisco since 1995.