Built with Power

Liberty wins contest and is named “Power Up” school of the year

After+being+named+the+Power+Up+school+of+the+year%2C+Liberty+was+awarded+with+a+grant+to+purchase+chocolate+milk%2C+a+banner%2C+gift+basket+and+a+photo+to+hang+in+our+very+own+gym.+

LHS Publications

After being named the “Power Up” school of the year, Liberty was awarded with a grant to purchase chocolate milk, a banner, gift basket and a photo to hang in our very own gym.

Out of 28 schools in the St. Louis area, Liberty was chosen as the “Power Up” School of the Year.

Coach Kleiber was the teacher who got Liberty involved. The contest called for teams to create a photo of their efforts to “Power Up” and then submit it to the organization. Kleiber thought that this contest would not only be fun, but would encourage students to make healthier choices after working out.

The non-profit education organization, the St. Louis Dairy Council, supported by local dairy farmers, was the group who sponsored the contest and awarded Liberty the title.

“Liberty’s photo had style and showed many different sports,” said Camille Smith, Nutrition Educator of the Dairy Council. “It had a lot of style and was different from the other schools.”

There were many students involved in the creation of this photo including: juniors Alivia Girard, Jessica Gibson, Chase Krogman and senior Cari Schaeffer.

LHS Publications
Liberty won “Power Up” School of the Year.

“It was a cool thing to be a part of and I think that in the end it will really benefit the school,” junior Jessica Gibson said.

The goal of Power Up is aimed at helping student athletes reach for healthy beverages after training.

“Research shows that the high quality of protein in milk can make for an ideal post workout drink,” Smith said.

Kleiber and Liberty received a grant to purchase chocolate milk, banner, gift basket and a photo to hang in our very own gym. Coach Kleiber will also earn $300 to buy chocolate milk for her athletes.

This contest was a great opportunity for student athletes to learn how to make healthy choices.