Filed under News, Showcase

Choir Receives Top Notch Recognition

Treble Select is awarded an exemplary 1 rating at Large State Ensemble

Choir Receives Top Notch Recognition

Treble Select choir practices for the Wentzville Invitational earlier in the school year. Treble Select received a 1 rating at Large State Ensemble.

Alyssa Place

Alyssa Place

Alyssa Place

On a typical Wednesday afternoon, you may be sitting in a class doing notes on what you are learning. But for Treble Select choir, they had other plans to spend their learning day.

Treble Select choir competed at Large State Ensemble Festival at Fort Zumwalt South High School on March 7. They performed in front of three judges at Large State Ensemble with two songs. Those two songs were “Hark, I Hear The Harps Eternal” and “Esto les Digo”.

“We were confident, nervous, preparing the songs so long for Large State Ensemble,” senior Hannah McCrary said.

The three judges use a rating system from 1 to 5 with 5 being the lowest and 1 being the highest. The judges also gave feedback to the choir so that they can improve in some areas.

“When Ms. Kennedy said that we received a 1 rating, we were all screaming.” McCrary said.

Choir teacher Ms. Kennedy was pleased to see that Treble Select received a 1 rating.

“I was excited and proud that they received a 1 rating from the judges,” Ms. Kennedy said. 

Junior Aria Ellis was also very pleased with the 1 rating.

“I was excited,” Ellis said. “Ms. Kennedy told us on the bus back to Liberty that we received a 1.”

This is Liberty’s first time receiving a 1 in choir history.

Treble Select choir includes: Lola Cadice, Ruthie Clancy, Jen Deters, Aria Ellis, Shaina Feinstein, Alison Flitter, Emily Grant, Jaeda Lee, Hannah McCrary, Haleigh McCune, Taylor Peoples, Alyssa Place, Grace Pupillo, MyKaela Reiland, Kaitlyn Sander, Sarah Stafford and Mya Waldren.

Caleb Woods, Reporter/Audio Editor

Caleb Woods is a senior and his first year on the Ledger magazine. This is his third year in publications. He loves watching the St. Louis Blues and he...

Alyssa Place, Reporter

Alyssa Place is a freshman at Liberty High School, and her first year helping with LHS Publications. She enjoys doing gymnastics, dancing, and going to...