Filed under News

Baby Time

Child Development I classes have their annual baby shower

The+seventh+hour+child+development+I+class+put+on+their+much-anticipated+baby+shower.+
The seventh hour child development I class put on their much-anticipated baby shower.

Emma Hankins

Emma Hankins

Before taking the class, most people think that child development is all about being a parent. This class is about parenting, yes, but also teaching students about the development of a child for healthcare or other professions that deal with kids.

On Friday, March 9, the annual fake baby shower took place in the child development classroom. Students brought in an abundance of home made food and even Cold Stone ice cream. Mrs. Genenbacher brought baby food to try and baby shower games to play. There were gender reveal balloons for the students to pop and see the gender of their theoretical baby.

Before the baby shower in prior weeks, the students had to wear the Empathy Belly, which simulates the weight and the back pain of actual pregnancy. The students also have a daycare simulation project to complete with the RealCare babies.

Students enjoy the class and have a lot of fun.

“This class goes by so fast and we learn so many things that are fun to learn and are genuinely interesting,” sophomore Haleigh McCune said.

The baby shower was well deserved for the students in the class.

“It’s one of the best days in this class for sure. All the food is so good and I’m so full,” sophomore Emily Redding said.

This day was anticipated all year. The classes have been going through the stages of development for a few weeks. Once the classes got through the prenatal and fetal development of the fetus, the baby shower took place. In weeks to come, students will be learning about childbirth and the stages and development after the baby is born. Even Mrs. Genenbacher was excited for the party.

“This is so fun and I have a pretty great job, I get to do this again next hour,” Mrs. Genenbacher said.

1 Comment

One Response to “Baby Time”

1. Ms. Pizzo on March 13th, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank you for promoting FACS! You are awesome and did a great job!

Ms.P

[Reply]

• Baby Time

Final Exam Schedule

• Baby Time

Crossing the Bridge Between High School and the Future

• Baby Time

Taking Action

• Baby Time

Let the Games Begin

• Baby Time

A Chance of a Lifetime

• Baby Time

New Drama Teacher

• Baby Time

Summer AirPod Drawing

• Baby Time

A Helping Hand

• Baby Time

German Students Take Top Honors

• Baby Time

World Championship Finalists

The student news site of Wentzville Liberty High School
Baby Time