Filed under News, Showcase

Humble and Devoted

Mr. Boswell is named as Liberty’s Support Staff of the Year

Humble and Devoted

Mr. Boswell proudly hugs his mom after accepting his award. Both of the Boswells had no idea that Mr. Boswell would win the award, which made the surprise that much better.

LHS Publications

LHS Publications

LHS Publications

There are many factors that go into making a school operate, and it’s important that the staff members get the recognition they deserve from all of the outstanding jobs that they do day and night. As well as how kind they are when getting to know the students and teachers everyday.

The staff are hard working, passionate and very humble people who have various duties to make Liberty a well-oiled machine.

One of these dedicated staff members is Mr. Boswell, a day custodian, who has worked at Liberty for four years now. He was selected by the staff as the school’s Support Staff Member of the Year on the morning of March 21 in front of the faculty.

“It’s just great to be recognized for the things I did for the teachers and everybody that help keep the school going,” Boswell said.

Boswell has worked at Liberty for four years now. He’s had previous jobs in the past such as working at Rural King and Walmart, but now helps give Liberty a virtuous appearance and makes everyone overjoyed at his remarkable work.

“At Liberty, I like getting to meet the teachers, the students and getting to know them,” Boswell said.

Boswell is not only great at what he does for a living, but he treats everyone with respect and sincerity, no matter if he’s talking with a student, a teacher or a former custodian. As a custodian, it has taught him to be more outgoing and attentive to the teachers and other staff members’ needs. He takes care of the teachers and does everything he can to get them what they need day in and day out.

When Mrs. Reininger made the announcement that Mr. Boswell was named Support Staff Member of the Year, he was immediately congratulated and thanked for his ardent work by Principal Nelson, the teachers nearby, his fellow colleagues and best of all, his mom.

Ms. Boswell, who’s also worked at Liberty for six years now as the cafeteria manager, was overjoyed and very proud of her son’s accomplishment. She instantly gave her son a big hug and congratulated him for all of his work efforts.

“I was very proud because he works hard,” Ms. Boswell said. “He’s very passionate about his job here at Liberty. He always wipes the tables off in the cafeteria and helps me out in the kitchen too.”

Both of the Boswells had no idea that Mr. Boswell would win the award, which made the surprise that much better.

While there’s a lot of work that always needs to be done at Liberty to accommodate the students and staff, it’s important to have people like Mr. Boswell, because he’s not only devoted and modest about the amount of work that he does, but he’s also a great representative and role model that Liberty’s reputation stands for.

LHS Publications
Mr. Boswell is congratulated by Ms. Pizzo after being announced as Support Staff of the Year. Mr. Boswell is not only devoted and modest about the amount of work that he does, but he’s also a great representative and role model that Liberty’s reputation stands for.

About the Writer
Alyssa Bailey, Assistant Editor-in-chief Ledger magazine

Alyssa is a junior this year and it’s her second year in publications. She’s very excited about this year and what’s to come for the Ledger. She’s...

1 Comment

One Response to “Humble and Devoted”

1. Stephanie Merritt on April 2nd, 2018 7:18 pm

Incredibly well-deserved, Matt!! You’re such a respectful, humble, hard-working and purely kind-hearted gentleman who always has a knack for bringing a bit of sunshine to my days! I’m so grateful your goodness was recognized as this year’s Support Staff of the Yesr!!

• Humble and Devoted

What’s Your Act?

• Humble and Devoted

A Hint of the Holidays

• Humble and Devoted

Is Your “Private Account” Really Private?

• Humble and Devoted

School to Dismiss Two Hours Early on Friday

• Humble and Devoted

It’s Time to Show Your Talents

• Humble and Devoted

One Step At A Time

• Humble and Devoted

Spreading Holiday Cheer

• Humble and Devoted

A Trip to the Big Apple

• Humble and Devoted

From Pixels to Pictures

• Humble and Devoted

New Beginnings

Humble and Devoted