Filed under News, Showcase

Let the Games Begin

Senior Ben Leach wins the second annual Mr. LHS

Let the Games Begin

Senior Tito Plaza performs his act where he impersonated Bob Ross as a body builder.

Eric Mason

Eric Mason

Eric Mason

The second annual Mr. LHS competition had a change in venue from the gym to the theater this year. The 10 contestants were seniors Ben Leach, Patrick Stege, Austin McClanahan, Lucas Sproull, Austyn Kloth, Kale Catchings, Jonathan Leimbach, Corbin Wright, Bennett Williams and Tito Plaza. The competition consisted of a swimwear, talent and question portion and voting was done by the audience.

“It was nonstop laughs behind the scenes and onstage,” Wright said.

The winner of the competition was Leach. His talent was stand-up comedy that he wrote himself. He wouldn’t tell anyone his jokes because he wanted the show to be the first time anyone had heard them.

“I think it was just fun to do that in front of the school. It was a neat experience,” Leach said. “I almost thought about not doing [Mr. LHS], but then I figured I have nothing to lose doing it.”

Eric Mason
Senior Ben Leach is crowned Mr. LHS. His brother competed in the first Mr. LHS.

The winner of Mr. Congeniality was Williams who was following in the footsteps of his two older brothers by participating in the event, as well as by playing the piano for his talent.

“It was an honor to be viewed and seen as Mr. Congeniality. It was really special because I’ve never gotten any award like this,” Williams said.

The acts ranged from impressions to stand-up comedy to playing well-loved songs on the piano. Plaza impersonated Bob Ross with a twist. His act was if Bob Ross was not only an artist, but a body builder as well.

“I was in Mr. LHS with my best friends and getting to do that with them was a really cool experience,” Plaza said.

A miracle minute was held to raise money for the Peggs family and $247.38 was raised. The show was a nice way to end off the school year with a night of laughter.

Alisha Grant, Co-Editor-in-Chief of Yearbook

Alisha Grant is a senior and this is her fourth year as a member of the LHS Yearbook Talon Staff and first year on the Liberty Ledger Magazine Staff. She...

Eric Mason, Photo editor Talon yearbook

Eric is a junior at Liberty High School, this is his second year apart of publications. Over the summer, he went to the Herff Jones yearbook camp. In...