Wear It With Pride

T.O and Barker wore a chicken and turkey costume to celebrate their attributions for the turkey drive.

Wear It With Pride

A total of $446.91 was raised in the turkey drive providing turkeys for the community. Mrs. T.O. had the most donations and wore the turkey costume. Mr. Barker raised $21 and wore the chicken suit.

Haleigh McCune

Haleigh McCune

Haleigh McCune

Elizabeth Hamby, Reporter

The time has come for the lucky winner and loser of the annual turkey drive to wear their chicken and turkey costume.

Ms. T.O, who raised $192.18, was the winner of the drive and wore the turkey costume for the day on Nov. 20. Mr. Barker raised $21 and wore the chicken costume.

All of the donations went to purchase turkeys that were distributed to families by the St. Charles County Juvenile Center.

Although no one knew what to expect about what the costume really looked like, the students were very pleased seeing their teachers dressed up for the occasion.

“It was really funny and she (T.O) pulled it off well,” freshman Athena Widlacki said.

T.O, who is very fond of the fundraiser, really liked her turkey costume. She hopes she wins next year to wear it as well.

“I like what it represents which is raising money for children,” T.O said. Both teachers wore their costumes with pride throughout the day.

As for Barker, he wore his loss like a champ. Walking down the hallway he was very bright in his yellow chicken costume.

Junior Haleigh McCune even went as far to say, “He looks like Big Bird.”

Once he put on the chicken costume, it really finished out the look. But it wouldn’t be a story without a Barker quote.

“If I wear this costume all day I am going to lose 20 pounds,” Barker expressed.

Overall, the turkey drive was a success. Now people will be able to sit down and have a traditional Thanksgiving meal thanks to the $446.91 donated from the Liberty family.

Elizabeth Hamby, Reporter

Elizabeth is a freshman and this is her first year in the publication world. Outside of school, she enjoys reading, playing cards and hanging out with...

Haleigh McCune, Reporter

Haleigh is junior here at LHS and although this is her third year in high school, this is only her first year in publications. Teachers have always told...