It’s all in the Stroke

Girls golf has won their first 10 matches

Olivia Holler, Editor-in-Chief

The girls golf team has had a major jump start to the season. The team is an undefeated 10-0 in matches and took first place in the Washington tournament at Wolf Hollow and a first place win in the Troy Tournament at Woods Fort.

The girls golf team only has ten players but they are all very ecstatic and wants to continue working hard to get the results they want.

“It’s an amazing and great feeling to be undefeated after playing really great teams,” junior Maya Schnable said.

Coach Sodemann has been pushing each girl to their potential to make them not only a better player, but to have team building skills even though it’s an individual sport.

“I am excited for the girls and the start to the season,” Sodemann said. “I am proud of them because they have worked hard in the offseason and are seeing the results of that hard work. If they stay focused, they have a chance to have a special and historic season for Liberty High school.”

The team dedicates time after school and offseason to improve their skills.

The girls work hard to take time out of their afternoon to practice and progress each match.

“I practice outside of school every day,” junior Madeline Larouere said.

The coach has seen a lot of improvement not only in their relationships with one another, but in the golf game itself.

“The girls have improved in their consistency hitting all their clubs. We will always continue working on putting as it is a major part of their scores,” Sodemann said.

Not only has the team been committed to take time out to practice, but also to focus on being supportive players and their friendships throughout the team.

Bonding has seemed to help the team grow not only as individuals, but also as teammates.

“We have grown as individuals and players. It’s so much fun to watch the whole team comes together to accomplish a common goal. We all go out and shoot low scores,” Schnable said.

The girls have made this team about friendship and accepting each other, but also coming together to do something they have a passion for.

“They have grown closer as a team and it’s fun to watch their confidence grow in themselves and each other as the season goes on,” Sodemann said

Golf has never been just an independent sport for these girls. They are encouraging and support each other.

“I’m very happy that we have been winning,” Larouere said. “I think the bonding of the team is great because we can all push each other harder and we will all be there for each other.”

They have had team dinners and hang out at each others houses.

The major accomplishment for the team and Liberty is, the team’s improvement over the years has made them grow as individuals and as teammates.