It’s Time to Show Your Talents

Liberty students are getting ready for the Talent Show

Key+Club+members+create+signs+to+promote+the+upcoming+Talent+Show.+

LHS Publications

Key Club members create signs to promote the upcoming Talent Show.

Lauren Polydys, Reporter

Mark your calendars because Liberty’s talent show is coming up and you will not want to miss it.

This is Liberty’s second ever talent show and it is being held on Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium and there are so many amazing acts lined up to preform. Admission is $4 if you buy before the show and $5 at the door. The event also will raise money for the March of Dimes. 

One act set to perform is freshman Grace Medina. This is her first talent show at Liberty, but she competed in other talent shows while she was in middle and elementary school. For the show she is going to be singing the song “Hallelujah.”

“I decided to compete, not just because I have done it before, but because through music I express how I feel and I want to touch other people’s hearts through the music and the lyrics,” Medina said.

For those excited to see something different, junior Summer White is going to be hula dancing- which is where she is going to do advanced tricks with a hula hoop. This is her first year performing it at Liberty, but she is no stranger to the stage since she has done talent shows in both elementary and middle school.

“I am most excited to perform and see the audiences’ reactions,” White said.

The show is being put together in part by senior Cameron Jones who is the committee chair for the talent show committee in LHS Key Club. Everyone is putting in their time to make the show as amazing as possible for the audience and every act showcases some of Liberty’s talented students.

“I can’t really pick one act [as a favorite], they are all fantastic,” Jones said.

This is just a sneak peak into two of the acts set to perform for the show. To see those and the many others be sure to come to the show on Jan. 25.

Check out Olivia Holler’s story on the review of the talent show: https://lhstoday.org/11421/news/got-talent/