The Young Legend

Shawn Mendes is back on tour and will be in St. Louis June 30

Shawn Mendes is coming back to St. Louis

wikimedia commons

Morgan Harris-Guyton, Reporter

This young Canadian from Toronto, Ontario, Canada Shawn Mendes started his singing career on the app called “Vine.” He had also joined a group back in 2012-2013 with the following members: Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Matt Espinosa, Taylor Caniff, Aaron Carpenter, Jack Johnson, Jack Gilinsky and Carter Reynolds. Magcon was a huge part of his career being able to meet fans, sing his original songs and with some of the other members alongside Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky with some of his most known covers.

Unfortunately, everyone went their separate ways but they still talk and support each other to this very day with both Shawn and Jack & Jack in the music industry. Mendes worked with mentors Ed Sheeran, and another Canadian singer, Justin Bieber, as well as other famous singers.

Mendes did his first cover “As Long As You Love Me” by Justin Bieber and it had more than a million views within 24 hours. Mendes was 15 years old when he got in the Top 25 on Apple Charts. As he got older, he came out with his first single that made it to No. 1 on Apple Charts called “Life Of The Party” back in 2014. Then in the next year he made his first album with his well known song “Stitches” with handwritten in 2015. The next year 2016 he had made Illuminate with “Mercy” “Treat You Better” and “There’s Nothin’ Holding Me” made it to No. 1 on Apple Charts again. He had a pretty big year in 2017 with the Illuminate World Tour. The year 2018 was his year with music and award shows with “In My Blood” and “Lost In Japan.” He released Shawn Mendes The Album, already No. 1 on Apple Charts, and throughout the summer he did multiple festivals. This year is Shawn’s biggest year out of all tours with Shawn Mendes The World Tour in 95 cities.

The Background to his top 3 songs off Shawn Mendes  The Album

The Background Story to

“In My Blood”

The background to his most well known song of 2018 has an interesting background to it. “In My Blood” is about a personal issue that we almost all go through every single day. The background is about his very anxiety level. He teaches us to control it, and that it’s ok and you’ll get through whatever your going through.

The Background Story to

“Lost In Japan”

The background story to his second most well known song off his self titled album is about. Willing to travel hundreds of miles to be with his love interest, he misses her and he’s ready to move across sea to be with her in Japan.

The Background Story to

“Youth”

The background story to his 3rd song off the newest album “Youth” featuring Khalid has a very special meaning. The meaning of this song is about the school shootings that have been happening all around the states every single. Both Mendes and Khalid decided to get together to create the song for that reason. Later on they made a music video with some of the students from the Florida school shooting to have a very special part of the video. Within the next couple the days, the video made it on No. 1 on YouTube and Apple Charts for music videos.