All Dressed Up

Band and color guard dress up in costumes at the Friday playoff game

Jayce Haun

Julia Amery wears a Darth Vader onesie during her performance.

Eijalanrain Jeffs, Reporter

With the Halloween season upon us, the marching band and color guard decided to take a spin on Friday’s playoff game against Fort Zumwalt South. Many members dressed up in costumes to be festive for the spooky holiday.   

Sophomore Brett Kercher, who plays bass clarinet, dressed up like a Christmas tree for the game.

“For Halloween, I was a bird, but for band I’m a Christmas tree. I am very excited because I love Christmas,”  Kercher said.

Jayce Haun
Connor McVey plays the saxophone in his dragon onesie.

There was a lot of variety of costumes despite the cold temperatures and they bundled up in warm layers. Members had the option of wearing a costume or wearing their normal band uniform. The three drum majors were dressed up as Alvin and The Chipmunks. 

“I thought the group costume was cute; I was afraid that no one else in the band was going to dress up, but then I got there and almost everyone was,” said Elaine Amery, who was Alvin. “And (like) overall, it made the performance more laid back – it ended up being one of our better performances.”

The color guard, on the other hand, all dressed up in onesies. Freshman Natalie Hoffman wore a JoJo Siwa onesie.

“For ‘guess who day’ I thought maybe I should be Jojo. She is iconic so I bought a Jojo jacket and onesie; I also have a JoJo bow. So for color guard, I dressed up as her again,” Hoffman stated.

This was a big football game, and the marching band took a fun and festive approach.