Amber Stockton signs for Westminster College to play softball

Left to Right Bottom: Dian Stockton, Amber Stockton, Dewyane Stockton Left to Right Top: Coach Jolliff, Coach Lindsey, Gabriel Stockton Amber Stockton signs her college intent for Westminster College. “I’m excited but scared because I don’t like being in new places alone. But, I’m excited to also be on my own and meet new people,” Stockton said.

Maddie Baker, Sports Editor

Signing to play a sport at the next level can make going the college experience even more exciting.

Senior Amber Stockton has signed to play softball for Westminster College, a Division III school in Fulton.

“I’m excited but scared because I don’t like being in new places alone. But I’m excited to also be on my own and meet new people,” Stockton said.

Stockton is the varsity catcher for Liberty and plans to continue her career as a catcher at Westminster as well.

College can be more demanding than high school with its sports and classes that can be scheduled at the same time.

“I think it’s going to be stressful at first because the classes and timing is going to be different,” Stockton said. “But I think I’ll be fine once I get into a routine.”

Stockton has been playing softball since she was little and always has been a big part of her life. She didn’t want to drop the sport that helps her get through her good and bad days.

Her parents were always there supporting her through all of her softball years. They are excited to see what Westminster has in store for the upcoming season that Stockton will be apart of.

“I was proud she got accepted. I knew she would play in college,” Stockton’s mom, Dian Stockton said. “I’m always excited to see her play.”

The journey was long and had some ups and downs but Stockton is so excited to continue her journey in her softball career.