Stone Krogman Signs for Quincy College to Play Baseball

Left+to+Right+Bottom%3A+Laurie+Krogman%2C+Stone+Krogman%2C+Monte+Krogman+%0ALeft+to+Right+Top%3A+Coach+Jolliff%2C+Chase+Krogman%2C+Coach+Eldredge+%0AStone+Krogman+signs+his+college+intent+for+Quincy+University.%0A%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m+excited+to+experience+college+life+and+see+how+different+high+school+baseball+is+different+from+college+baseball%2C%E2%80%9D+Krogman+said.+

Left to Right Bottom: Laurie Krogman, Stone Krogman, Monte Krogman Left to Right Top: Coach Jolliff, Chase Krogman, Coach Eldredge Stone Krogman signs his college intent for Quincy University. “I’m excited to experience college life and see how different high school baseball is different from college baseball,” Krogman said.

Maddie Baker, Sports Editor

Stone Krogman has always been a hard working individual and has always excelled at sports.

Krogman has signed to play at the Division II school, Quincy University. He plays outfield and pitcher and is very excited for the upcoming season at Quincy, located in Illinois near the Iowa border.

“I’m excited to experience college life and see how different high school baseball is different from college baseball,” Krogman said.

Krogman plans on keeping the same positions at Quincy University as he does at Liberty.

“I knew he was going to be able to play college baseball,” Coach Jolliff said. “It was just a matter of which school would best fit him and it just turned out to be Quincy University.”

Krogman has always been athletic all throughout his high school career.

“He lifted a lot of weights which put a lot of muscle on him,” Jolliff said. “He has and outstanding ability to play and has always had an amazing work ethic.”

Krogman had a batting average of .372 last season and led the team in runs.