Dr. Cain Recognized As Missouri Superintendent Of The Year

Fiona Flynn, Reporter

Dr. Curtis Cain was announced and honored as the 2022 Missouri Superintendent by the Missouri Association of School Administrators (MASA) on Nov. 6 and will be recognized as such in February 2022 at the American Association of School Administrators (AASA) National Conference on Education. 

Dr. Cain has served as the Superintendent of the Wentzville School District (WSD) since 2013 and is the current president of the Missouri Association of School Administrators. As well as working on the Missouri Commissioner of Education Advisory Council, he also serves on the Kansas/Missouri Superintendents Leadership Forum Advisory Board and the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA).

“Dr. Cain is personable, accessible, and well respected in Missouri by his colleagues and peers,” stated the Executive Director of MASA, Doug Hayter. “As the leader of the fastest-growing school district in the state of Missouri, Dr. Cain has spearheaded avenues for growth in facilities, staffing, and communication. He recognizes and continues to address disparities in the achievement gap, providing leadership for learning in the Wentzville School District. The Missouri Association of School Administrators is pleased to honor Dr. Cain as the 2022 Missouri Superintendent of the Year.”

Dr. Cain is also responsible for overseeing the educational performance and the wellbeing of more than 17,300 students and 2,600 staff members of the Wentzville School District. He and his educators try to meet the instructional needs of the most diverse generation this country has seen by building school improvement plans and goals embedded into the principal evaluation process.

“We’ve purposefully brought diverse opinions to the table,” Dr. Cain said. “I have a superintendent’s roundtable which brings PreK-12 parent representatives from each school as well as community members to the table to converse with and inform me on critical issues in our school and the greater community.”

Cain collaborates with first responders on community projects and works with faith-based partners to meet the needs of students and families.