Building Your Future With a Field Trip

Build My Future STL is a field trip that helps students explore different job opportunities in the construction industry

Build My Future STL is a hands on field trip that will help students find job opportunities

via Build Your Future STL

Bryden Bell, Reporter

Do you ever wonder what you want to be when you graduate from high school? Are you scared that you don’t have a plan after school? If you answered yes to one of these questions, then there is a field trip for you.

On April 26-27, students will be able to go to St. Charles Family Arena and get to experience hands-on activities. This field trip is a construction career day, and also a industry showcase. It is called Build My Future STL and there will be many sponsors at this event including Home Builders Association, Mid-America Carpenters, Guarantee Electrical, and many more.

All grade levels are eligible to attend. Senior Charlee Wilkinson attended last year’s Build My Future STL and she is going this year as well. Wilkinson found a passion for welding on the trip last year.

“I learned how much I wanted to weld and the immense opportunities that are open for me,” Wilkinson said. “I loved the field trip and am actually going again this year to talk to the American Welding Academy (AWA).”

Wilkinson goes on to say that St. Charles Community College has a course for seniors for a year-long welding program that she is enrolled in.

If you are interested in going on this field trip, you can contact Mrs. Gerringer or you can fill out the Google Form to sign up.