Strong Showing

JV Cross Country takes title at their GAC while varsity girls place 2nd

Bridget Morris

Freshman Hannah Behlmann runs to the Finish Line.

Julia Fallert, Reporter

The cross country team had a successful day at the Gateway Athletic Championship Central at Washington High School

Four Liberty varsity runners won all-conference awards. photo by Bridget Morris

The varsity girls took second place and Liberty had four girls earn all-conference honors. Abby Woods placed 3rd, Lexi Kayser placed 7th, Hannah Rossman in 10th, and Livi Guffey in 13th. The boys team finished third and had three all-conference winners: Tyler Hudson placed 8th, Seth Webb placed 13th and Carson Young finished 14th. Carter Kussman a Varsity runner said, “Not all of us got a medal but everyone worked really hard as a team.”

The JV girls dominated the competition in their race as seven of the 14 medalists were Liberty runners. Maddie Bailey placed 2nd, Lauren Spakowski 5th, Sylvia Young 8th, Brianna Mills 9th, Lexi Guffey 10th, Kaitlyn Hudson 11th and Jessica Boyer 14th.

A Liberty Eagle races to the finish line. photo by lhs publications

“Winning just makes me so proud, we put a lot into it and it’s nice to see the result,” Mills said.  
The JV boys had two medalists. Josh Rossman placed 2nd and Wyatt Cleveland in 3rd.

This weekend is an important meet as it’s the final race of the season before districts. The team will compete at the Border Wars Invitational on Friday and TRXC JV Invite on Monday. Both races are at McNair Park in St. Charles. Districts will be Saturday, October 21 at Cole Country Park in Jefferson City.