• May 17 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 0, Howell - 15
  • May 16 / Girls Varsity SoccerLiberty High School - 0, St. Dominic - 1
  • May 15 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 4, Timberland - 1
  • May 13 / Varsity BaseballLiberty High School - 12, Howell North - 2

Spring Into the New Trends You Need to Know

New seasons bring new styles
Lena Blankley and Lexi Daniels

Spring has sprung and it is time for the new trends. From animal prints to 80’s excess, it is time to know what is hot and what’s not with the new year and season. We have seen many different trends come, go, and stay for the long run like mullets, socks over leggings, and trench coats. Every year though we get a new list of “must haves” to ensure your outfits are with the times. So let’s see what spring 2024 has to offer. 

Athletic Prep 

This might be your new favorite fashion trend of 2024 with students around school already sporting the causal sweater with the comfortable Lulu leggings. You might see this preppy aesthetic with clothes like polo button-downs and tracksuit jackets or tennis skirts with a nice button-down and sweater vest. Either way, you see this styleit’s here to stay. 

Disco Fever 

The precipitation for spring so far sparkles with clothes being big on rhinestones, paillettes, and metal fabrics. Head-to-down sequence dresses and silver metal pants are some of the things you might see this spring. If you want to keep it simple, but still funky, you can do things like pair your most eye-catching pieces (earrings, necklaces, shirts, etc.) with a simple plain jean, sweater, or leather pant options.

The Nonbasic Basics

Flashy wealth is going strong, don’t get me wrong, but looks like it is going to change a little in the new year. Simple yet glamorous and subtle looks are in the rage right now. From pairing a simple striped long-sleeve and some open-legged jeans with leather boot heels, basic is the way to go when trying to make a statement. Call Abercrombie and tell them to get me their best sets of long-sleeved button-downs. 

Layer on the Sheer 

If you are seeing through anything, it’s going to be sheer. Brands like Dior, Prada, and Channel are just some of the top brands choosing to pair a sheer see-through dress with a bodysuit. Not even having to bear it all to stay on trend you can instead pick up a layerable top with a sheer skirt dress or a classic tank with an overlapping sheer top to add drama and another element of color. 

Shorty Short Shorts

A high rise short shorts or just short skorts, or whatever it is as long as it’s short, it’s in. Main brands are styling these short shorts with a bagging sweater, an overlapping blazer, or just plain and simple with a blazer. 

Smells like Roses 

Out of all the prints you’re going to see this season don’t be surprised if roses are one of the main ones. See most commonly in dresses this print is still making its way into jeans, skirts, tops, and accessories. You might also see many tones of pink and red making their way into your sight. Forget Valentine’s Day and go on ahead and get yourself some roses.

‘90s Redux 

Leather trench coats and baggy cargo jeans are on the rise once more. A style trend I was thrilled to see make its way out of the darkness was the ‘90s redux. With the bold colors and out-there logos, it is obvious that discreet chic is back. When you go out shopping make sure to pick up boyfriend-style jeans, black wife-beater tank tops, and white skirts to relive one of my favorite fashion decades, the ‘90s. 

Now that you are up to date with all the fashion must-dos, make sure to update your closet and buy all the essentials needed for you to be looking your best in spring 2024.