A Homecoming to Remember

Students and teachers rave about what they say is the best homecoming yet

Chasteanne Salvosa, Co-Editor-in-Chief of Magazine

Rumors that Liberty has lost its spirit spark were disproved with the return of homecoming season this past October. Liberty not only kicked off A Night in Paradise with a high note, but ended on one as well, with a pep assembly that was hard to forget and a dance to remember.

Spirit week consisted of a Beach Bum, Tie Dye, Wacky Color Wars and Liberty Luau themes, with freshmen bringing their unexpected spirit game to the table. Therefore, there was no surprise to freshman Sam Audrey winning spirit king at Friday’s pep rally and sophomore Emily Gann narrowly winning spirit queen.

And in addition to the fun-filled week, to cap it off was the pep assembly with the annual Belles and Bros. dance, the announcement of Ms. Genenbacher as most spirit teacher and lastly, but certainly most memorable, a lip sync battle between some of Liberty’s favorite teachers.

The battle kicked off with Mr. Barker’s rendition of The Little Mermaid’s Part of Your World, followed by Mr. Hendricks’ cover of Queen’s classic, Bohemian Rhapsody and Ms. Tarrant-Oliphant’s energetic Twist and Shout. However, it was Mr. Barnes’ signature song, You’re Welcome, originally performed by Dwayne Johnson in Disney’s Moana, that brought the house down.

Liberty also celebrated its second winning homecoming game in a match against Bishop DuBourg (42-0) and received a special fifth quarter performance from the Liberty Eagle Regiment, who performed their full show in front of the student body for the first time in the season.

Not only did the entire school enjoy this year’s homecoming, it also set the bar for next year’s season, leaving all of us hoping that next year’s homecoming is just as great.