Rollercoaster of a Season

The Liberty girls team’s season hasn’t been ideal but they’ve got positives besides their record

Sophomore Grace Watson is introduced to start the season at home. Watson is one of the teams better passers leading the team with 30 assists.

Eric Mason

Eric Mason

Nick Howard, Reporter

The Liberty girls basketball team has had a lot of moments to learn from this season. Their overall record is 5-13 but the Eagles have just two senior players that are coming to the end of their last high school season.

Although the seniors are leaving, the rest of the team is very young and has room for improvement. Coach Walterbach hopes the team can keep improving and going up from here.

“We don’t play a full four quarters and hopefully the experience of this season helps the team going into next season,” Coach Walterbach said.

Although the record isn’t ideal, the Liberty girls have some good accomplishments this season. They finished fourth place in the Affton Tournament having freshman Toni Patterson and sophomore Grace Watson named to the All-Tournament Team.

Grace Watson also is one of the conference’s better passers putting up 30 assists on the season.  Sophomore Mel Giljum is fourth in the GAC conference leading the team with 28 blocks.

“The season has been up and down but we’re a young team that can improve in the future,” Walterbach said.

The girls team are very young and this team can take a good learning lesson from this season. Their next game is Friday night at home as they play Washington High School at 6 p.m.