APPointing a new way to look at Libraries

Freshman Jonathan Blasingame qualifies to compete at National FBLA Conference

Freshman+Jonathan+Blasingame+placed+third+at+the+FBLA+Convention+and+is+advancing+to+nationals.++

photo provided by Ms. Elhers

Freshman Jonathan Blasingame placed third at the FBLA Convention and is advancing to nationals.

Maddie Baker, Reporter

If you could name one accomplishment from your freshman year, what would it be? For freshman Jonathan Blasingame, this will be one that he will never forget.

Blasingame is a member of FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and recently competed in the state leadership conference on April 8-10. The students went to Missouri State in Springfield to compete, but little did Blasingame know that he would be continuing on in the competition.

Blasingame competed in the Mobile Application Development, which consisted of him creating an app for library needs like help finding books and navigating around the library. This allowed him to place third which allowed him to advance onto the National FBLA Leadership Conference, which will be held on June 23-26 in Baltimore, MD.  

“As a freshman, this is a huge and notable achievement,” Mrs. Ehlers said, who is the FBLA sponsor. “It is evident that Jonathan is talented with the knowledge, processes and development of all things ‘tech’ with computers.”

Blasingame wasn’t nervous going into the competition, but was excited when he found out he placed third at the competition. He had worked for this for about 1-2 months to create, develop and prepare to present the app he created.

“I was quite excited when I found out I placed third, but I also wondered who else would place and congratulate them on their success as well,” Blasingame said.

Blasingame has big goals for the future and plans to keep on advancing as he keeps on competing for FBLA in the coming years.