Perfecting Liberty

Custodians at Liberty make a big impact

The+custodians+are+always+working+to+help+improve+the+quality+of+Liberty.+

provided by Wentzville School District

The custodians are always working to help improve the quality of Liberty.

McKenzie Bartels, Reporter

The custodians do a lot to help improve the quality of Liberty and without them students would definitely notice a difference.

The teachers definitely notice when the custodians do their job and appreciate all their hard work.

“I’ve been teaching for 12 years and the custodians we have here are the best that I’ve ever seen,” Mr. Hysong said.

There are currently a total of 13 custodians working at Liberty. There are both day and night custodians.

A day custodian typically works from 10 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. and the night custodians work from 2:30 p.m. until 11 p.m.

Some of the daily responsibilities of being a custodian include waxing the floor, cleaning desks and taking care of trash.

Liberty also hosted summer school this year and the custodians were in charge of making sure the school stayed clean for that.

Along with the typical duties that you would associate being with a custodian, they also play a huge role in the safety of the school.

“What most people don’t realize is that the custodians play a huge part in the safety of the school aside from the cleaning. They open and lock the school every day,” assistant principal Mr. Pryor said.

Amie Stump is one of the day custodians here at Liberty. She just transferred from Timberland at the beginning of the year and already loves it here.

“My favorite part of being a custodian is the hours work really well,” Stump said.

When Stump arrives at school, she takes the trash out of the back parking lot. Her day usually consists of waxing the floor, cleaning tables and constantly picking up trash.

Not everyone realizes how much work the custodians put forth on a daily basis. It’s not an easy task being a custodian and not just anyone can do it.