Preparing for The Greatest Homecoming on Earth

All the information you need to know for homecoming

The+first+step+in+preparing+for+homecoming+is+buying+your+ticket.+

Lauren Polydys

The first step in preparing for homecoming is buying your ticket.

Lauren Polydys, Reporter

It’s the time of year that most students look forward to. The hot summer days are ending and cool fall is on its way. Fall at Liberty students means oversized sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween, and for fun at school, homecoming.

This year homecoming is Saturday Sept. 22. The dance will start at 8 p.m. and go until 11 p.m. The theme this year is The Greatest Homecoming on Earth. The theme is based off the hit movie, “The Greatest Showman.”

“We picked the theme for homecoming as a final project last year and returning members of StuCo then got to vote on it,” StuCo public relations officer senior Megan Maetten said.

To get ready and pumped for homecoming, students can participate in spirit week. For this year’s spirit days, the themes are:

• Monday is PJ day.
  • Tuesday is stunt double or twin day.
  • Wednesday is family circus day and students can dress up as the different generations.
  • Thursday is lions, tigers and bears oh my so wear your best animal print.
  • Friday is the greatest show on turf so be sure to wear your white out gear.

“I like that a lot of people actually participate in spirit week, it makes it interesting,” junior Ali Burkett said.

Tickets are being sold at all lunches, from Sept. 10-14 they are $15 and from Sept. 17-21 they are $18. Homecoming t-shirts are also being sold and you can buy them for $10 any lunch before homecoming.

“I love homecoming, I am most looking forward to the dancing,” junior Sarah Tate said.

The homecoming football game will take place on Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. against Washington. The theme for the game is “whiteout” so make sure to go all out to support the team. There is a tailgate that begins at 5 p.m. at the practice field next to the stadium.

It is almost time for The Greatest Homecoming on Earth so to prepare get ready to show your school spirit for spirit week!

Here is the schedule for Friday, Sept. 21 including the pep assembly:

1st Hour: 7:15 – 7:59 (44 minutes)

2nd Hour: 8:04 – 8:48 (44 minutes)

3rd Hour: 8:53 – 9:37 (44 minutes)

5th Hour: 9:42 – 10:26 (44 minutes)

6th Hour: 10:31 – 11:56 (55 minutes)

Lunch A: 10:26 – 10:56

Lunch B: 10:56 – 11:26

Lunch C: 11:26 – 11:56

7th Hour: 12:01 – 12:44 (43 minutes)

8th Hour: 12:49 – 1:32 (43 minutes)

Pep Assembly: 1:32 – 2:15 (43 minutes)