Fresh Look at LHS

Freshman class of 2018-2019 give their input on LHS

Braden McMakin

Freshmen are excited to enter the gym on the first day of school.

Sruthi Ramesh, Reporter

As the new batch of students enter our high school, they each come with their own experiences and expectations for the last four years (and possibly the most important) of their public school education. Many may think that it’s where people break out into random dance numbers (reference your childhood Disney movie repertoire). Others think it’s where people come to slave away for seven hours and deal with unnecessary drama.

The reality is, many freshman have found that Liberty High School is one of the best places to be, for these pivotal years in their lives.

“It’s more of a community, where everyone really supports each other, even if they’re not the best at what they’re doing,” Amanda Yoder said. No one is too attached, or detached.

But still, there are some daily challenges that are new to the class of 2022. Things like balancing homework with extra-curriculars, trying to seem mature (keyword: trying), and just making an effort to fit in with your peers, have all been adjustments that needed to be made.

Some students, like Jaden Zelidon, say that it’s been helpful to be in charge of your own learning.

“When we get to learn at our own pace, we can really understand what we’re learning, and know that if I was busy one night, I still can have the confidence to do it the next night,” Zelidon said.

Both Yoder and Sydney Bruce seemed to agree on the fact that high school, Liberty in particular, has so many opportunities to grow and try different things.

“You’re your own person,” Bruce assured. “Everyone else is chill with each other, and accepts each other for who they are.”

It’s apparent that Liberty is a place that students feel comfortable to grow and be themselves.