It’s Time to ‘Trunk or Treat’

HOSA, DECA and TSA work together to throw a fun Halloween fundraiser

Leah Miget

Kids get a head start on their getting candy by trick or treating at Liberty’s ‘Trunk or Treat.’

Lauren Polydys and Amelia Larocca

Over fall break, some students and families participated in a fun Halloween event that helped support some of Liberty’s clubs.

A Trunk or Treat took place in the Liberty parking lot On Saturday, Oct. 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. The event was hosted by the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Technology Student Association (TSA) and Distributing Education Clubs of America (DECA).

“We worked together because we thought it would bring more people in, which it did. A lot of the cars were there from all three clubs,” TSA sponsor, Mr. Peggs said.

There were yard games, raffles, food, a costume contest, face painting and a car decorating contest. Kids could go around in their Halloween costumes and receive candy from each uniquely decorated car. Volunteers dressed in their costumes and handed excited kids there candy.  There were also many other activities as well.

“It was fun to see all the little kids in their costumes,” freshman Maddie Ashlock said.

The event costed $5 per car and all the money went directly to funding future trips for HOSA, TSA and DECA such as leadership conferences, state conferences and national conferences.

This was their first year hosting the event and they were very happy with how it went.

“It seemed like everyone had a good time and we really hope to grow it in the future years,” HOSA sponsor, Ms. Strathman said.

Since this was their first year, there is always room for improvement. They are hoping to continue hosting this event for years to come and are already thinking of ways to make the event more fun for everyone.

“I think next year we could add a hayride, food trucks, and maybe a bonfire,” senior Dominic Reyes, a representative from HOSA said.

This year was a successful start to, hopefully, a new Liberty tradition. Be sure to participate in this exciting event next year, it is only going to get better.