JV Baseball Takes 10-0 Win Against Fort Zumwalt South

Eagles mercies Fort Zumwalt South in the 6th inning

Luke+Linden+is+congratulated+by+coach+Gonzales+after+Linden+reached+base+successfully+in+a+game+earlier+in+the+season+against+Timberland.+

Bridget Morris

Luke Linden is congratulated by coach Gonzales after Linden reached base successfully in a game earlier in the season against Timberland.

Madison Pegg, Reporter

Coach Norm Jackson, Kyle Bermudez and Brady McLeod all agreed their offense is stronger than their defense so far this season.

During JV’s game against Fort Zumwalt South on April 1, both their defense and offense proved to be powerful. Starting with Andrew Siterlet on the mound and Cole Gonzales behind the plate, they played a commendable game.

The game ended in mercy ruling with Liberty defeating FZS 10-0 win after the 6th inning.

“Our strong points as a team is we don’t give up, we don’t give up,” coach Norm Jackson said. “It doesn’t matter what the score is, we will go to the plate and battle every time.”

When asked about his individual strengths, sophomore Brady McLeod said, “Mine is definitely centerfield because I don’t know, I can track down a lot of stuff you don’t see a lot of other people doing.” Which he proved during Monday’s game as he made a couple great plays from centerfield.

“Outfield and pitching are stronger,” sophomore Kyle Bermudez said when asked about the team’s strengths. Bermudez made multiple plays from third base, one which particularly stood out. He made an outstanding backhand play at third base and got the out at first.  

The team’s season goal for this team is just to get better everyday, according to coach Jackson.

“If they get better everyday and put them in a situation where they can play varsity next year, it’s great, that’s our goal,” Jackson said. 

When the team loses, Jackson wants the team to “look in the mirror and say, ‘hey I gave everything that I can.’ Then there’s nothing you can do about it, it’s baseball. It’s a game of failure.”

JV baseball has a 2-3 record so far this year and their next game is in a tournament this weekend at Liberty.