Mr. LHS Is Changing It Up

Mr. LHS will be structured a little different than in years past

Chasteanne Salvosa

Last+year%27s+Mr.+LHS+was+a+big+hit+and+the+hope+is+to+have+the+same+turnout+this+year+as+well.+

Mr. LHS Is Changing It Up

Last year's Mr. LHS was a big hit and the hope is to have the same turnout this year as well.

Eric Mason

Eric Mason

Eric Mason

McKenzie Bartels, Reporter

Liberty will host their annual Mr. LHS contest called Liberty’s Leading Man on May 3 at 7 p.m., although this year it will be ran a little different than in years past. Admission to the event is $5. 

In previous years, Mr. LHS was open for any senior to apply. The only thing they had to do was grab an application and fill it out. This year, however, they wanted to get the teachers and staff members more involved with the event.

“We asked all coaches and club sponsors to nominate one student from their organization that they believe would be a good contestant for Mr. LHS,” Student Council member Megan Kruse said, who helps to organize the event. “I think this has helped to get more of a variety of students and more people know about it than in years past.”

The event was still open to all seniors but to get the word out quicker, the teachers were asked to nominate students.

Many students have been nominated for Mr. LHS. Mr. Raziq nominated senior Evan Sacks for soccer. Mrs. Hallemeier nominated senior Carson Brown for NHS and Mrs. Strathman nominated senior Rishi Kondapaneni for HOSA.

“I’m really excited for Mr. LHS and I think it will be a lot of fun,” Sacks said.

As of right now, no judges have been chosen for the event.  

On the day of the event, the constensants will be judged in four different categories including, swimwear, talent and formal wear. They will also be judged based on how well they perform in the group dance, how well they ask questions and their pickup line.

The contestants take of lot of preparation beforehand. They have to attend mandatory practice three times a week. These practices can be before school, after school and even during AI.

Not only will the judges help to determine the winner of the contest, but the crowd also has a say.

A Mr. Congeniality award will be given out to the contestant with the most personality. The contestants and the Mr. LHS committee will be the deciding factor on that.

Mr. LHS is a fun event for students and the hope is to get as many people to participate and come out to support as possible.

McKenzie Bartels, Reporter

McKenzie is a senior and this is her fourth year in publications. Along with magazine, she is also a part of HOSA at school. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Chasteanne Salvosa, Co-editor-in-chief of Ledger magazine

Chasteanne (Chas-teen) Salvosa is a senior and co-editor-in-chief for the Ledger. This is her fourth year in publications. In her free time, Chasteanne...

Eric Mason, Photo editor Talon yearbook

Eric is a junior at Liberty High School, this is his second year apart of publications. Over the summer, he went to the Herff Jones yearbook camp. In...