Heading Into A Busy Weekend

Big events taking place on and off campus

Libertys+campus+will+be+active+this+weekend+with+three+big+events%3A+Fridays+district+football+game%2C+the+speech+and+debate+tournament+and+the+Cinderella+musical.+

Mr. Creen

Liberty’s campus will be active this weekend with three big events: Friday’s district football game, the speech and debate tournament and the Cinderella musical.

Serena Bartels, Staff Reporter

As we head in towards the end of the week, Liberty has a packed schedule with the district championship football game, Cinderella musical, the speech and debate and cheer competes at state.

First, the Cinderella musical will be taking place on Nov. 14-16 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. With more than 75 students involved, a 12-foot high house that can turn and amazing music, you won’t want to miss it. Tickets are $5 for students and $6 for adults. Tickets can be purchased online at http://our.show/libertycinderella

On Friday, Nov. 15, the district championship football game vs. Hannibal takes place at 7 p.m. This is the first time that Liberty football team has made it to districts and a big crowd is expected. 

The main parking lot will be used for the football game and basketball practice on Friday. The theme of the football game is pajama.

The speech and debate tournament begins on Friday at 4 p.m. and continues with rounds at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Liberty will be hosting around 30 schools from all over St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, Warren and Lincoln counties. 

The busy weekend concludes on Sunday when the cheer team competes at state. The competition takes place at Lindenwood’s Hyland Arena beginning at 9:30 a.m. Admission is $10.  

It is a busy and “exciting” weekend as activities director Mr. Eldredge says. You won’t want to miss a thing.