Another Streaming Service?

Disney’s latest release isn’t a movie or show

Disney has released its own app called Disney+ where you can stream some of your favorite movies and T.V. shows.

Madeline Lewis, Reporter

Sweet Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, and Good Luck Charlie are all iconic shows from our childhood that we loved to watch. But sadly the shows stopped airing and watching them is now nearly impossible without paying money. But it seems that Disney has fixed that problem and made it even better. 

The multi-billion dollar company has released its own app called Disney+ where you can stream some of your favorite movies and T.V. shows, it even has classics like Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. 

When signing up for Disney+, there are three different bundles you can choose from:

1. $6.99 a month has Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. 
  2. $69.99 for a whole year.
  3. $12.99 a month for Disney+, Hulu and ESPN. 

That leaves one question asked: Is it worth all the hype? 

When freshman Allison Apollo was questioned about Disney releasing Disney+ she said, “I think it’s kind of stupid, in honesty. There are plenty of other streaming services and Disney kind of hopped on the bandwagon a bit too late.” 

But the opposite was said when freshmen Julia McCutcheon was questioned about Disney releasing its new platform.

“Yes I got Disney+. I enjoy it because I like Disney,” McCutcheon said.  

So if your someone who is a huge fan of Disney and misses all your favorite shows from your childhood it might be worth it to get the app. 

Earlier last week multiple sources reported that thousands of people’s Disney+ accounts were hacked and their information was being sold on the dark web. 

“Honestly, people’s accounts getting hacked was bound to happen sooner or later because well so many people were down to jump the gun and get Disney+,” Apollo said. “It really could have been prevented with some stronger coding, but unfortunately, that didn’t happen.”  

It is unknown if Disney is doing anything about the attacks, but this is a warning to anyone that is thinking about getting Disney+.