Junior Eagles Helps To Prepare Young Football Players

Wentzville’s 7th grade junior LHS football team helps athletes play as a team before entering high school

The+Jr.+Liberty+Eagles+play+a+game+against+the+Jr.+Troy+Trojans+earlier+this+fall.+

Ella Pinz

The Jr. Liberty Eagles play a game against the Jr. Troy Trojans earlier this fall.

Ella Pinz, Reporter

Football has always been one of Brennan Czeschin’s favorite things and he wants to take it to the next level. Czeschin plays for the Junior Eagles football team, which is a feeder team for the LHS football program. 

“I think it’s something my dad unknowingly passed onto me,” Czeschin said, who plays quarterback. “As long as I remember, me and him have spent every Sunday watching it, talking about the days when he too played. Football has turned me into a leader, the brotherhood is indescribable. I love being able to be apart of that. Football is my future.”

The Junior Eagles goal is to prepare athletes for high school football by shaping young athletes physically and mentally. They do this through EAGLES that stands for: Effort, Attitude, Good Citizenship, Leadership, Elite Mindsets and Sportsmanship. These values help them to have a fun and safe time while playing football but also preparing them for the future.

“It’s been three years since I joined the team. When I joined it wasn’t really a serious thing to me but it soon became my life. Coach Vito always refers to us as a family and honestly, we are. The people I’m closest to I’ve met through football, and it’s awesome that we all get to share that. Being a part of this team has taught me so much about the game of football but also about the sportsmanship involved,” an anonymous player said.

This program originally started off as the Jr. Wolves, a team for Wentzville kids in middle and elementary to play football and learn the basics and prepare themselves for high school football. By 2014 the Jr. GAC split the Jr. Wolves creating the LHS Junior Football Team, naming Doug Aubuchon as program coordinator. By 2015 the Junior Eagles were started, working as a non-profit volunteer organization.

According to the team website, the “Jr Wolves, Indians, and Eagles all began under Wentzville Junior Athletics, President Kelvin Henderson. All three Wentzville feeder teams worked as an umbrella, depending on each for support and guidance in many ways.”

To register go to https://www.wentzvillejreaglesfootball.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1504456

JUNIOR EAGLES roster 

Head Coach Vito Galati
Coach Jake Czeschin
Coach Tim Whelan
Coach Branden Clay
Slot Caiden Galati #6
D-End Mike Garaygay #8
Wide Receiver  Tru Scheulen #11
Outside Linebacker Sully Thornton #12
Middle Linebacker Ben Landrum #13
Slot Jake Pinz #14
Quarterback Brennan Czeschin #16
Cornerback Ethan Bray #17
Wide receiver Camden Cooper #20
Slot Carson Struttman #22
Running back Jaylen Mack #23
Safety Mason Meyer #27
Safety Caleb Clay #28
O-Line Van Kozlowski #29
Wide receiver Logan Shuster #32
D-Tackle Nathaniel Summers #45
Running back James Alexander #47
D-Tackle Ben Barfield #52
Center Brayden Adams #53
D-Tackle Blake Janssen #55
O-Line Brayden Ferring #71
D-Tackle Carson Brassel #84
O-Line Drew VankyGrifka #87
O-Line Mason Hagner #88
Center Liam Whelan #99