Saying Goodbye To Our Secretary

Mrs. Reininger is retiring after being with the school since it opened

Sruthi Ramesh

Reininger’s official last day before her retirement is June 30 and although she is glad to be retired, she will miss interacting with the students and getting to see them every day.

Sabryn Gibson, Reporter

Mrs. Reininger has been the heart and soul of the front office for as long as everyone can remember. She has run the office, looked after teachers, done payroll, and helped students with their endless questions.

Reininger decided to be a secretary 25 years ago after going to a job fair. She wanted to get back into a school setting, and becoming a secretary seemed like a perfect way to do that. 

“I had just graduated and missed school, I just wanted to get back in that atmosphere,” Reininger expressed.

Reininger has been with Liberty from the very start since it opened its doors in 2013. She has seen it develop into what it is today and helped the building go from one freshman class to an actual high school over the years.

Her favorite part of being at Liberty was being Mrs. Claus at Christmas time for all the little kids.

“I loved being Mrs. Claus and treating the little kids to a gift, that was definitely one of my highlights from being at Liberty,” Reininger said. 

Reininger has been a part of everybody’s daily life here at Liberty and has made connections with teachers and students alike.  

“I will miss Mrs. Reininger’s can-do attitude,” Dr. Nelson said. “Mrs. Reininger was fun to work with and always accomplished the mission with a fun attitude.” 

Reininger’s official last day before her retirement is June 30 and although she is glad to be retired, she will miss interacting with the students and getting to see them every day. In her place, Lisa Berghoff, Liberty’s registrar, will be the new main office secretary.