Dancing With The Stars Of Liberty

Alix Queen

Students dance come together to make memories and to have a good time.

Grayce Page, Reporter

For the first time in over two years, Liberty hosted its annual Winter Formal this January. The dance had the biggest turnout of students since the dance was introduced as a tradition at Liberty. “The Dancing With The Stars” formal was filled with many students jumping, laughing and singing loud to some of the most popular songs of their era.

Early before the dance, students who are a part of the student council, began setting up and organizing the dance that they had been planning for months. To go along with the theme, they decorated the dance in black, gold, and stars. After decorating and setting up the DJ booth for Mr. Wheeler, the cafeteria was ready to go.

The dance started at 7 p.m. and was packed within half an hour. Students arrived in stunning long and short dresses along with many in dazzling suits. Attendees were able to take pictures at a selfie booth, which was included with a ring light and a beautiful black and gold background. Everybody looked great all dressed up while having a good night with the people who they enjoy spending their time with.

Not only were students documenting the night, but they were living in the moment on the dance floor. Students all danced together in a huge mosh pit along with a couple dance circles throughout the night.

During the dance, many student-favorite throwbacks were played including Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the USA”, Flo Rida’s “Low” and ABBA’s “Dancing Queen.” 

The night was young and everybody made it a night they won’t forget. Everybody walked away feeling the euphoria of being a teen. Just for a moment, students were able to escape the world and live in the moment. 

“I had a great night getting to dance with my friends,” junior Hannah Barton said.